Security Installer Community

Large Home Install

2b honest i was surprised when i read that! about 16 and stately homes. now way would a 16 yold be able to fit equipemnt in a stately home, sorry but thats rediculous! im 26 and self employed, and never even been in a stateley home let along worked in 1!, something fishy if you ask me!

Little bit of a cheat that one as it was a friend of a friend of a frend kinda thing that got me into that one, I got called in to try and work out why there cctv wanst working, took a look at it and it was a old robot mux and some unnamed timelapse, with 2 of the 16 cameras working, ok thought it was the psus etc, there all pumping out 12vdc but then by the time it got to the cameras its only 11.5 open up the cameras and most of them are filled with water and there all cheapy chinese cameras! total c##p. so i was paid to replace the cameras the guy was totally convinced that ir and all the toys were the way to go, but i convinced him that what i would install would do the job just fine, (dennard 2010/sanyo lowlight ir cameras) The three in installed worked a treat, totally happy customer!, was rather chuffed at that, so i am going back to completely re install the entire system later on in the month, to a ds2 etc.

so that explains that one =]

regs

Alex,

galaxy has a data line which can be run to remote areas, and then connected to a zone expander called a RIO which has eight zones on it. so from the panel to the out building, stick a rio on it and the 8 zones to that. And then if you require more zones,stick yet another rio on it, and so on

Oh, and on the data line, you can also put keypads on it

That is ace!

Thanks all for taking the time to reply!

regs alex

Archived