Security Installer Community

Wired Alarm System Query

have a routabout in specilist tools to be signed out but we dont use them any more as over the yers they settle and you end up with a circular dip in your carpet and the wear marks really show. and using a circular saw to make a groove that long can weaken the floor unless its along a joist. again be very careful with either.

but while i personally dont agree with alan generally i would say there are some damn fine unapproved installers such as alan..

It's likely you'll stand to get a much neater and a more carefully installed alarm installation with an older more experienced unapproved engineer. A bigger company will send it's kids on an average domestic installations.

Guest anguscanplay
It's likely you'll stand to get a much neater and a more carefully installed alarm installation with an older more experienced unapproved engineer. A bigger company will send it's kids on an average domestic installations.

or he`ll just bang it in the way he always has cause " who`se going to know " - non intended Arfur

have a routabout in specilist tools to be signed out but we dont use them any more as over the yers they settle and you end up with a circular dip in your carpet and the wear marks really show. and using a circular saw to make a groove that long can weaken the floor unless its along a joist. again be very careful with either.

but while i personally dont agree with alan generally i would say there are some damn fine unapproved installers such as alan..

i can see you well and truly missed the golden era of installing pressure pads james :lol:,

you need to 'pad up' the bung area with some felt on top, or if its not coming up again then use some 2 pak epoxy resin in the lower seating and seal it - job done.

the other tool is a kind of small 4" circular saw but looks like a biscuit jointer, the blade removes the bottom of the skirting board, not anything of the floor. originally designed to allow carpet fitters to have enough room to push the carpet under the skirting boards.

regs

alan

here you go James,

(not the same as mine)

http://www.carpetfittersshoponline.co.uk/j...ws130-108-p.asp

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

oh right, that would be the same tool they use to take the bottom of doors?

But why would you take some off the skirting board?

re the felting of pressure pads your right before my time but those routing things just sink over time so you would have to keep going back (maybe on the service) and adjust em. Bad idea from my experience.

Justin, we are a small nsi gold firm with a couple of very experienced domestic installers, that love domestics and hate commercials and their art of hiding cables is second to none. Some large comapnies may 'send a kid' as you say but not all gold firms are huge.

I have been known to install as well you know lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
I have been known to install as well you know lol

I can think of two or three firms where your guaranteed to get the boss ..........

I can think of two or three firms where your guaranteed to get the boss ..........

Except on Fridays when he's playing golf with the chief constable

Thursdays when he's at the Masonic hall gathering.

Wednesdays when he's at the 3 areas BNI meetings.

Tuesdays when he's at the Chamber of Commerce events day.

Mondays when he's at the FSB networking day.

The weekends when he's doing the invoicing, accounts, stocktaking, ordering, credit control & admin.

On any other day 1-2-1 personal attention is assured at all times :whistle:

C.

Archived