Security Installer Community

Wired Alarm System Query

Hi, i've just bought a new build house which isnt supplied with an alarm system. i am now looking for an alarm system to be fitted, preferably wired.

I've been told that because my floor is made of chipboard, installers wont installed wired alarm system into my house because they wont lift it off, is that correct? if that's the case, any chances of fitting in a wired alarm system some other ways, of course without wires visible too... i would really like a wired alarm system, but it seems that it's not as easy as it's going to be...

or, am i stuck with using wireless alarm system, if yes, which systems?

i am in leeds, if there's any recommendation for quality alarm installers within Leeds area, please feel free to let me know as i need to get some quotes.

many thanks!!

Guest anguscanplay
Hi, i've just bought a new build house which isnt supplied with an alarm system. i am now looking for an alarm system to be fitted, preferably wired.

I've been told that because my floor is made of chipboard, installers wont installed wired alarm system into my house because they wont lift it off, is that correct? if that's the case, any chances of fitting in a wired alarm system some other ways, of course without wires visible too... i would really like a wired alarm system, but it seems that it's not as easy as it's going to be...

or, am i stuck with using wireless alarm system, if yes, which systems?

i am in leeds, if there's any recommendation for quality alarm installers within Leeds area, please feel free to let me know as i need to get some quotes.

many thanks!!

your going to hear a lot of bullsh~t but many many installers will run the cables under the carpet but above the boards - even if they don`t admit it.

Let us know what the quotes come back as and we`ll be glad to have a look at them

there are ways of cabling and you really dont want to lift those boards, they will creak enough now. Also your internal upstairs walls will be built on that floor. As gus says you can carpet edge but really a last resort, you can also fish under the floor but your options for cabling are limited. Its also impossibe to say really without seeing the property.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i'll let you know when quotes come in, i've got some surveys arranged for next week.

i think wired alarm system should be possible for every kind of build, isnt it, regardless of chipboard or floorboard, like some of the guys said, run it between the carpet edge....

anyway, i'll keep you all posted, then we'll see.

thanks

run it between the carpet edge....

NO, run the cables on the ROOM SIDE OF and AGAINST the GRIPPER ROD

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Yes but its called carpet edging isnt it?

NO, run the cables on the ROOM SIDE OF and AGAINST the CARPET EDGING

Will that do?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
Yes but its called carpet edging isnt it?

maybe in your "village..." it is but the rest of us know it as that bloody sharpe nailed stuff - my pal the carpet fitter prefers the alarm cable between the GRIPPER and the wall but his oppo prefers it between the GRIPPER and the underlay, me I run singles next to the wall and more than one cable next to the underlay so they both hate me equally

I agree that it should be fitted on the room sode of the gripper, what im saying is the cable method when used is called 'carpet edge' I dont mean thats where the cables go.

But from now on i wont say 'just carpet edge it' i will say 'just ROOM SIDE OF and AGAINST the CARPET EDGING'

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived