Security Installer Community

Entry Door Pir Changing Pir Type?

I take your comments on board gus, but if you have a sequentially numbered system (ie pir after entry door) and you get the sensor going before the door there is something wrong with the door contact.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
I take your comments on board gus, but if you have a sequentially numbered system (ie pir after entry door) and you get the sensor going before the door there is something wrong with the door contact.

door - control unit ? who knows LOL but it happens too often hence why we never put a PIR directly above an entry door ........ thats all there is to it

door - control unit ? who knows LOL but it happens too often hence why we never put a PIR directly above an entry door ........ thats all there is to it

i prefer if io can to also keep it away from the door but for a differnt reason, which is due to the turbulence caused when closing of the door and causing erratic setting faults.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i prefer if io can to also keep it away from the door but for a differnt reason, which is due to the turbulence caused when closing of the door and causing erratic setting faults.

regs

alan

Not sure about risco but on scannys you can programme a "settling time" to avoid this problem. (hope I'm not doing a suck egg thing here)

Not sure about risco but on scannys you can programme a "settling time" to avoid this problem. (hope I'm not doing a suck egg thing here)

gardtec have a delayed set option defaulted to a few seconds, this can help matters but you need to remmeber to add that to the part set setting time as its a global setting.

so if you want instant part set from the up-stairs keypad that makes it awkward regarding waking kids up or the wife when setting.

regs

alan

gardtec have a delayed set option defaulted to a few seconds, this can help matters but you need to remmeber to add that to the part set setting time as its a global setting.

so if you want instant part set from the up-stairs keypad that makes it awkward regarding waking kids up or the wife when setting.

regs

alan

Point taken.

Though could always slip a micky in wifes ovaltine.

Guest anguscanplay
Point taken.

but then you`d just programme it as silent part set anyway ......... so the issue doesnt arise

but then you`d just programme it as silent part set anyway ......... so the issue doesnt arise

not quite so,

if you have any delay on part set, you get the 'boink' when it times out, and what if you have silent PSet 1, then need to use PSet 2?

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
not quite so,

if you have any delay on part set, you get the 'boink' when it times out, and what if you have silent PSet 1, then need to use PSet 2?

regs

alan

er this a trick question? you set it as "always silent..." but you get the boink as you put it whatever the exit times set too.

now silent entry on part set - that would be handy

er this a trick question? you set it as "always silent..." but you get the boink as you put it whatever the exit times set too.

now silent entry on part set - that would be handy

i'm very sure you can't have all the sets (or all the part sets) as silent, you can only choose one of the part sets to be so, unless the latest software allows it :unsure: .

regs

alan

Archived