Security Installer Community

Entry Door Pir Changing Pir Type?

Ok - I couldn't quite summerise the topic but here goes.

If you have a contact on the Entry zone and also a PIR above the entry point - could a panel (e.g. a GardTec 872) be programmed so that when the door is opened the PIR above the door changes from immediate to delayed alarm?

I ask this because I want to place a RKP near the rear door. The ideal place to put this is just in the kitchen where there is a PIR. Ideally, it would be great if when you opened the rear door thus breaking the mag contact then this is an authorised entry route and the alarm starts countdown and moving into the kitchen to disable the alarm via the RKP won't set off the immediate PIR in the kitchen. Yet knocking out a panel on the door and bypassing the mag and moving into the kitchen will be an immediate trigger thus not allowing someone time to nick my tea or coffee.

I know this is in the installer manual but I haven't worked my way all through it yet as I'm still running cables around - I don't want to run a cable for the RKP in the kitchen if I have to locate it out of site of the kitchen PIR (thus not making it a delayed PIR)

Thanks for reading (apologise for spelling/grammer/waffling).

Guest anguscanplay

beware PIR`s above entry doors - it often triggers before entry time starts, due to the contacts latency

program the zone with the door contact on to entry exit...

program the kitchen pir to access (time inhibitate)

small weakness is if someone boots the back door in , they will have the entry time to pinch the toaster from ther kitchen ha ha..also make sure..

a) the main panel is not accessible directly while the timer is running.

B) the internal sounder is away from the main panel, therefrore not giving away its location..

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

If your rkp is in the kitchen, you should also bear in mind that you have to unset it after partset/nightset, you should then make this pir on a gardtec PART-ENRY-EXIT, this makes the zone as access on full set and entry on part set so you can reach the rkp.

Guest anguscanplay
Gus, while your advice is correct your reason isnt, if a contaqct is sticking and has 'latency' its faulty

contact or control unit, does it matter (even worse if it`s radio LOL) but put a PIR directly above an entry door and you`ll be proggraming it as entry too eventually ...........

contact or control unit, does it matter (even worse if it`s radio LOL) but put a PIR directly above an entry door and you`ll be proggraming it as entry too eventually ...........

never had this problem down to the panel tbh, when it has occurred always the contact being slow

if it was an issue with the panel then all zones would have the same latency on each zone, unless double knock is set on the FEZ or the delay has been increased on the FEZ to more than 500 ms.

if it can not be overcome then make the hall pir double knock on wired panels or mask the door leading edge on the pir if radio detector can't be slowed down by pulse count.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
never had this problem down to the panel tbh, when it has occurred always the contact being slow

if it was an issue with the panel then all zones would have the same latency on each zone, unless double knock is set on the FEZ or the delay has been increased on the FEZ to more than 500 ms.

if it can not be overcome then make the hall pir double knock on wired panels or mask the door leading edge on the pir if radio detector can't be slowed down by pulse count.

regs

alan

as I said to James - does it matter which is caussing the delay LOL,I remember once giving an NSI inspector a taste of his own medicine because he claimed a door opened more than the minimum amount without triggering

"yep I agree ... if your testing it with walk test ......try it on a test meter like I did when I set it up ...........hmm"

Archived