Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Basic Help Please

smudge18

i think enforcing servicing of audible only systems that way isnt right. I dont think any system should lock out if it isnt serviced, granted a reminder might be ok (id disagree) but a lock out is wrong. Payment issues is a whole other subject and i dont disagree with you as long as its only for that reason as people shouldnt have something installed and not pay for it

playing devils advocate and for the sakes of derbate :rolleyes:

my past experience is even with contract maintained equipment you can't always gain access, even after posting failed visit cards through the door when no answer, don't mean they will call in and make an appointment "its working so why bother" seems some clients less informed attitude, especially if all its there for is to get a lower premium.

but we know eventually that system will give greif on a flat battery and likely need an emergency service call when it happens, at which point the client will crib if charged for it, claiming as they have not had the pre-paid for maintenance calls (which is entirely their fault), yet getting your resources hung up unfairly and expensively.

if you set the service timer to lock out on gardtec it gives a warning 2 weeks before it locks, making the user/s enter the code twice to acknowledge the warning before setting, so i can't say i'd see it as unethical or illegal if used this way, if it causes an issue you can give a master user a temp overide code for 14 days use while you sort it out the convenient visit arrangements.

i have clients with radio systems who i offer this option to set for 18 months as a safety measure, as who can remmember when their electric meter was last read, if they change installer i'd simply set the code to factory default on a passing visit and disable the timer - but thats not happened yet.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Take a week off work - call it training LOL

I did a tsi search, typed in "fused spurs". OMG. I'd need a week off just to read up on interpretations of DP spur.

I take it everyone here has a full set of all regs for everything and no girlfrend. Only been a member a month n looking forward to the divorce. Least then I can spend more time picking over the details. lol.

I did a tsi search, typed in "fused spurs". OMG. I'd need a week off just to read up on interpretations of DP spur.

I take it everyone here has a full set of all regs for everything and no girlfrend. Only been a member a month n looking forward to the divorce. Least then I can spend more time picking over the details. lol.

Oh lord :fear:

Could we possibly start a new topic in the trade area to discuss service timers and/or regs as this thread has gone a bit astray.

Ta.

C.

Oh lord :fear:

Could we possibly start a new topic in the trade area to discuss service timers and/or regs as this thread has gone a bit astray.

Ta.

C.

Good point, but assume all been discussed before. Will dig around see what I can find!

Arf a warning yes fine, what if the client decides they dont want a service? it will lock if it dont get one. Gus, yeah i know what your saying about ins requirements but in the 12 months following install the insurance requirements may have changed, or the client might decide to not conform to the ins comp req. Im not talking police systems here as they need enforced servicing, but again locking is wrong. Reminders fine, but a security company should be caperble of issuing reminders without resorting to control panel timers IMO

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived