Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Basic Help Please

smudge18

can anybody tell me how to get the lid off this panel please? it was already in the house when i moved in and now the battery needs replacing. no instructions were left either so i believe i can download a user manual, but getting the cover off would be a start !!

can anybody tell me how to get the lid off this panel please? it was already in the house when i moved in and now the battery needs replacing. no instructions were left either so i believe i can download a user manual, but getting the cover off would be a start !!

There is a screw on the right hand edge of the panel. (near the keypad)

Remove the screw and the front of the panel will hinge open.

just a word of caution, taking the lid of any device should cause a tamper, so you will ned the user code to stop it.

inside the main panel 240vac mains potential is available, we have no idea how safely this was applied so for your own safety please please make VERY sure no power is going into the panel before you remove the lid, when you remove the battery the external siren should sound if wired correctly.

you can see a 'simple' job soon becomes a bit more complex and concidering what it is protecting in value alone, why not invest in a proper service call from a local company and have it accessed for suitability against your own needs?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived