Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Basic Help Please

smudge18

Guest anguscanplay
Yep, that is the 9448 I was thinking of.

If the wall that it is fixed to is a little uneven it is possible that even with the screw removed the panel lid may be tight but there is only one screw.

and if the bracket broke where they usually do , the screws probably fastened through into the wall too

yep found the screw under a sticker - how stupid am i ???

now to try and replace the battery with minimal disruption to the neighbours. tried the engineer code (default) but this has been changed. if I remove the cover anyway, can i silence it with the user code?

once i have replaced the battery i might go for the factory reset option.

Guest anguscanplay

do you have an install manual?

yep found the screw under a sticker - how stupid am i ???

now to try and replace the battery with minimal disruption to the neighbours. tried the engineer code (default) but this has been changed. if I remove the cover anyway, can i silence it with the user code?

I have the same alarm in my house.

Open the door and tamper will activate.

Type in user code to silence (with door still open)

Replace battery with new.

BEFORE you open the door cut the mains power to the panel by removing the fuse from the spur beside the panel if it has one or at the fuse board or even putting the incoming mains supply to the whole house off. When changing the battery be careful not to touch any part of the PCB.

Take care.

C.

thanks Angus, no i dont have the install manual. i downloaded a user manual tonight.

thanks Chorlton, I will follow your instructions tomorrow

Easy enough to default but you will need an engineer manual to re-program it, defaulting the panel doesn't just revert the codes it reverts the system timers as well as other parameters.

Guest anguscanplay
thanks Angus, no i dont have the install manual. i downloaded a user manual tonight.

thanks Chorlton, I will follow your instructions tomorrow

do yourself a favour and dont go anywhere near the restart pins, and be extra careful but replace the battery with the power on ........... rather than risking a system crash after powering down

Angus

do yourself a favour and dont go anywhere near the restart pins, and be extra careful but replace the battery with the power on ........... rather than risking a system crash after powering down

Angus

oh heck i must have just been lucky when i did it :unsure:

sorry maybe not such good an idea with the power off then.

do it angus's way with the power on and don't touch anything but the battery terminal connectors.

C.

:(

Archived