Security Installer Community

Car or Van

My first car I only had it one day. I was in a bad part of Hull doing a callout. 10 minutes I was gone and the thugs stripped it bare.

One of our engineers was test driving the new Sentry Alarms engineer vehicle. A petrol scooter. The engineering manager was ready to go for them but he couldn't find a trailer that would fit on the back for the ladders and apprentice.

Well, on a serious note now. My current vehicle is a Proton WIRA. It's a dual fuel vehicle with a walnut dash fitted to police specs (I've been told that that means upgraded shocks for speed bumps.) and nearing the 3 year old company 'bin-it' policy.

post-59-1085942797.jpg

ACE.gif

I was in a bad part of Hull doing a callout

There's a good part! :ph34r: ...

...only kidding I used to cover a lot of hull on call out in a previous life!!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2210 cost £216 from a site based in London, tomtom bluetooth gps was £92.00 ebay, suction mount was about £15.00 ebay and leather case about £12.00 again ebay. I use a 128meg card from my dimage f300.

The only downside is the amount of time it saves //.National Installer.// :(

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Ditto guys,

Also us ipaq 2210 and tom tom.

The speed cam database is a godsend ;) as is the fast food restaurant one :P

I use a Fortuna Bluetooth GPS with that lot, and an aditional postcode database plug in. that alows me to navigate to the postcode rather than by street name.

Great for the times the call centre have the wrong customer details (as usual).

several other engineers at work have a simlar setup as well, as for the amount of time it saves thumbing through maps, especially at 4:30 in the morning when on call is amazing.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I use the Dell X5 with Tom-Tom - and I reckon I can fit in an extra 2-4 calls per day because of it (depending on where I am, and the distance between sites or course).

Much safer than spreading the map out on the passenger seat (or even worse the steering wheel!!) ;)

Guest Guest

I have an 04 Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2 DID Elegance LWB Jeep, with sat nav, the only complaint is that the sat nav sometimes is too slow, ie when your late and driving a bit quicker in town and putting it under pressure, it seems to take longer to think( must have got lumbered with a female gps brain :lol:)

Fuel economy is excellent. Loads of storage too and not forgetting the road angel( very handy in strange towns)

Colin

that was first job when i took delivery of car, ring the car kit people up... got car monday afternoon and car kit was fitted 1st thing tuesday morning. I agree though companies should not be allowed to get away with not supplying handsfree kits, the cheapo ones and the little earpieces are ok but arent as good as the real thing

Any of you guys use domonial yet? If so can which PDA do you use and have you got it running satnav?

Our guys are quite innovative when it comes to company vehicles...

bike.jpg

I got this with an email that simply said "need new back tyre"

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived