Security Installer Community

Car or Van

• 1 year later...

Old topic but thought I'd dig it up again.

Last month, my trusty Laguna (nicknamed the Lagoon as the door seals where the roof rack were, kept letting in water), finally got replaced. The Lagoon has now gone to our Guarding section so no doubt it will be written off within weeks.

With the choice of either an Astra estate, a Kangoo with extra seats or a Scudo, I picked the latter. Unfortunately, I didn't get that either but was surprised when I was issued with the Scudo clone. A Citroen Dispatch HDI. Apparently, its a 2 ltr Diesel injection. I've been told the weird whistling is the turbo (I'm good at security stuff but pants when it comes to car/van stuff).

Got a double seat in the back so it's good for the kids and now I can get all my gear in my vehicle.

Here's a piccy so If you see me about, you can eat my dust likes lol.

post-2268-1123320037_thumb.jpg

ACE.gif

that was first job when i took delivery of car, ring the car kit people up... got car monday afternoon and car kit was fitted 1st thing tuesday morning. I agree though companies should not be allowed to get away with not supplying handsfree kits, the cheapo ones and the little earpieces are ok but arent as good as the real thing

14434[/snapback]

My company's idea of 'Hands Free' has to be a world beater. We were supplied with an elastic band to wrap around our head and our phone, holding them dead tight to our ears.

ACE.gif

I managed to talk my boss into getting me a Astra Van. I love the things. It's an '02' plate, all stickered up. Looks pretty good. i find them to be a 'proper' work car/van. I see it as more of a tool than a vehicle. Love it to bits. Used to drive 1 with old company i worked for and was gutted when i swapped jobs and they gave me an old 'P' rover 420. Hehehehe, glad they come round to my thinking though. They just bought another '04' plate 1 for 1 of the other lads. :)

(Hope that didn't sound to wierd, just happy with my motor)

Trade Member

we use cognito... using siemens sx45 pda, as for sat nav i should be so lucky

are cognito still going? I used to use them in another life.

Gave up berlingo van as everything was swimming around it and social life was suffering, turning up everywhere in a van. Bought a mondeo, everything fits in the boot for me and is more secure than the van was.Value has dropped like the proverbial though because so many on the market.Trying to change it now and get a diesel something or other.

Bri

trade.gif

Guest Cerberus NI

Got a new black Astra SRi estate with 18" alloys - it's a helluva lot better than the diesel Astra Envoy I had at the last crowd!

As a side issue - anyone who has,or is getting,a van to avoid the drop in your personal allowance remember you'll be paying on the same scale as a car driver in 2007 (I think the dates right!!).My diesel Astra cost around £50 - £60 per month extra tax whereas a van would have cost me about a tenner.Blame the guys who thought they'd be clever and get Warriors and the like!

Archived