Security Installer Community

Diy Sets Up His Own Company

whistle

Guest anguscanplay
No excuse ...............

bit final isnt it? theres many times when a joints required - today a pro will make the joint in a device or JB to comply with regs but in the good old days as Arf says - that would be considered a neat join

Basically those that do it now need to remember it's not how it was done then and those that did it then need to remember thats not how it's done now.

So let's all just try a alittle harder to get along eh?

C.

:yes:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Basically those that do it now need to remember it's not how it was done then and those that did it then need to remember thats not how it's done now.

So let's all just try a alittle harder to get along eh?

C.

I also remember the days when joints like this were quite common.

In the good old days before PIRs were invented or when they cost

Guest anguscanplay
things have obviously changed now but I wouln't mind betting that there are many large houses maintained by some of the longer established nationals that are still working relaibly with very little change in the last 30-40 years.

which is why I posted at the start - dont want any of my customers to read this and demand a free rewire because of all the "dangerous .."

wiring

which is why I posted at the start - dont want any of my customers to read this and demand a free rewire because of all the "dangerous .."

wiring

I wonder, can you still buy flat cable?

It was usually four core and the conductors were laid side by side (like bell wire), it was usually brown and was mainly used for pressure mats.

It was great until you tried to go around corners!

wiring

Back in the day when you jointed the wires by soldering did you just use a lighter Angus?

:-|

Guest anguscanplay
Back in the day when you jointed the wires by soldering did you just use a lighter Angus?

suicide post?

I did!!!

Not usually but for the odd pressure mat replacement when my soldering iron was burried under a load of dry cells in the back of my van and the van was parked miles from the job.

Archived