Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 En Or 9448

mummyneh

Out of all those, except the Galaxy 18, I would go for the 9651. They are Grade 2x, we have fitted lots and had 0 call backs to them. Solid panel, and the new style keypad looks really good too. They do take a bit of getting used to programming wise, but they are good little panels in my opinion.

Agreed

We must have 200 fitted and only had one fail because a slug got in the panel and rotted the pcb.

Hi again,

Regarding the //.Large National Installer.// alarm, they were informed of this alarm being in a warehouse that was in recievership of which they refused to remove it so the alarm and everything in it from the toilets to to the roof were recieved and written off, so this alarm does not exsist in theory. The alarm was not was not from his home as I thought earlier. Is it worth considering or should i still get written confirmation?

Thanks

Hi again,

Regarding the //.Large National Installer.// alarm, they were informed of this alarm being in a warehouse that was in recievership of which they refused to remove it so the alarm and everything in it from the toilets to to the roof were recieved and written off, so this alarm does not exsist in theory. The alarm was not was not from his home as I thought earlier. Is it worth considering or should i still get written confirmation?

Thanks

Hi

Best get legal advice in relation to the recievership/ownership issue or written confirmation from the company who supplied it.

I personally would not take advice from a public forum on something that could get me sued.

Regards suitability it's a 2nd hand system so a gamble IMO which is not really the best start for home security.

Just do a day or 2 in overtime and earn the money to buy what your installer is happy/able to work with an therafter support should it fault.

C.

Given the choice 9651EN or 9448, i'd recommend the 9651. Fitted loads of both, but 9448 hinge lid can be a pain if fitting panel e.g. understairs and hinge nearest to you (huh, if that makes sense). 9651 more flexible, more options, and as pointed out already grade 2X, can be connected to speechdialler properly.

In its day 9448 was good for basic domestic installations, easy to programme, easy to use. If your installers not used to programming...

Needless to say we don't fit 9448 anymore as for the same money (or there abouts) there is better value.

The euro is better looking, but both good panels, but id look at the 9651 with 9941 keypad as its far better looking than the 9930

I agree. Especially as once fitted its only the keypad that you'll be looking at.

Archived