Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 En Or 9448

mummyneh

Hi,

I have been offered either of these alarm systems. I am on a budget and am not really looking for the lastest model alarm. I just need one where I can have different zones. I have a 3 bed semi house with an extension at the back and french door in the back room. I also want a system where I can upgrade to a speech dialler. I hope this makes sense. i know someone who can fit it professionally for a minimal price, I just need to buy the alarm system. Please help as I have looked at wireless systems and want to steer clear of Ebay to buy a kit.

Im assuming your installer isnt a professional installer but 'does alarms'

All the panels have their benefits but for example we cant use the honeywell as it isnt currently graded, and professional installers should use new equipment complaint with the new en regs. Not that the honeywell isnt a great panel it is, and after an update later this year will be graded.

From a non graded point of view id recommend the honeywell accenta, or the 9651. But personally i dont like the 9651 (only personally ive never been keen on scantronic generally ie programming)

You need to have fitted what your installer can support.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have a relative who said that i could have their //.Large National Installer.// alarm system as they are moving abroad. He said that it is a ADEMCO GALAXY G18 //.Large National Installer.// V4.37. If that makes any sense can i use this one as a normal alarm if possible and maybe plug it into a phone line.

This would save me a lot of money

I doubt that as I'm pretty sure the kit is still ultimately their kit.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

I doubt that as I'm pretty sure the kit is still ultimately their kit.

Very good point Mr Gopher.

They (or the prevoius owners) may have paid for installation and annual servicing and/or monitoring of said alarm and may not realise the do not own the main components.

Get written confirmation from the alarm company in question before it is removed or sold.

It may not be theirs to sell :no:

Be careful !

C.

Out of all those, except the Galaxy 18, I would go for the 9651. They are Grade 2x, we have fitted lots and had 0 call backs to them. Solid panel, and the new style keypad looks really good too. They do take a bit of getting used to programming wise, but they are good little panels in my opinion.

Trade Member

Archived