Security Installer Community

Using Nacoss Logo When You Are Not!"

Hello

I am aware of a local electrician/alarm fitter who has just started advertising in a local mag, he uses the NACOSS logo's and NICEIC logo.

I know his business does not hold either, but to be sure I have searched on both web sites and sure enough he does not hold either accreditations.

I phoned him up and he just said it "must have been a printing error" wrong as the mag would have sent out a proof for a half a page add!

He just then hot abusive and told me to F***K off.

I have now faxed a letter and copy of the add to the NICEIC and NACOSS (now NSI)

The question is: what is most likely to happen? have the NSI taken action before for some-one using logo illegaly?

Is he likely to get away with it?

Thanks but he makes a joke of the system.

Its the same with all the jokers that put working towards ect, just because they sent off for an info pack.

Surely the NSI would take action?

Is there any records of them taking action against such companies, if not I may as well start using them :P

nsi will take action and will inform trading standards. everytime you find one you need to report em.

con men basically. if you want to pm or email the details ill sort it out.

and you cant say working towards nsi didnt know you could say that ssaib either but defiently you cant use the logo.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

nsi will take action and will inform trading standards. everytime you find one you need to report em.

con men basically. if you want to pm or email the details ill sort it out.

and you cant say working towards nsi didnt know you could say that ssaib either but defiently you cant use the logo.

Thanks for that will do. I do find that Alarm installers are NACOSS and Electricians are normally ECI or NICEIC. You do not normally get electricians who are both, never seen it before.

I did try faxing it over to NACOSS with a covering letter, but they do not appear to have a fax number, unless anyone can help me with one.

Hello

I am aware of a local electrician/alarm fitter who has just started advertising in a local mag, he uses the NACOSS logo's and NICEIC logo.

I know his business does not hold either, but to be sure I have searched on both web sites and sure enough he does not hold either accreditations.

I phoned him up and he just said it "must have been a printing error" wrong as the mag would have sent out a proof for a half a page add!

He just then hot abusive and told me to F***K off.

I have now faxed a letter and copy of the add to the NICEIC and NACOSS (now NSI)

The question is: what is most likely to happen? have the NSI taken action before for some-one using logo illegaly?

Is he likely to get away with it?

Thanks but he makes a joke of the system.

Would now come under this: Protecting consumers from unfair trading practices

Thirty-one practices listed in Schedule 1 to the Regulations will be banned. This means, for example, that you must not:

* make false claims about being a signatory to a code of conduct

* display an unauthorised trust mark, quality mark or equivalent

* claim endorsements or approvals from a public or private body when this is untrue or before complying with its terms

* use bait advertising - ie offer goods for sale at a price which you know you will not be able to honour

* use bait and switch tactics - ie offer goods for sale at a specified price with a view to selling a different product at a higher price

* ignore a consumer's request to leave their home or not return

* create the false impression of a prize or benefit that the consumer has already won, will win, or will win on taking some action, where none exist, or where they would have to pay money

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived