Security Installer Community

Using Nacoss Logo When You Are Not!"

Guest anguscanplay
the point you miss here is .....

all these regulators in any industry prohibite an apliccant from mentioning the fact they are applying on their printed material for a reason ...... greater minds than you have decided that the practise is wrong and the new law now makes it illegal too

no possible argument available

Angus

Arf i agree

(omg) lol

But I have seen this myself, for example

SIA NSI gold firm says

We are NSI Gold approved and operate an ISO 9001 qa scheme'

AN Other Silver firm says

'We are NSI approved and operate an ISO 9001 qa scheme'

difference is, we are inspected to prove that we do.... how can it be any other way.

I know your not defending the cowboys but could i also say on my quotes as a plumber 'working towards corgi' etc. Client thinks and assume sthat they are exactly the same and they are saving the costs of all the inspections etc. So the customer buys a system in the belief its gonna be excatly the same as the one we would provide (i dont mean silver here im meaning the cowboys) when 9 times out of 10 it wont be. We as a company allow 2 days for 1 engineer to install an avergae domestic so say 6-8 zones wired. Yet some claim to offer the same install std, same ger for less than a 3rd we do.

They do this by installing 3 or 4 a day.

Problem is they install more than us, perhaps we should listen to the consumer and abandon quality and just provide it cheap and run?

Im not serious but you see my point.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

IF you had ever gone through an inspection you`d know you know nothing compared to these guys ( and I include myself in that statement) we install to the regs and these guys know the book inside out - if you`ve cut a corner they will find it - even if you didnt realise you`d cut it ...........

i wonder how do you sustain that view? when i spoke to them at ifsec i asked how far they looked into systems, for instance do they open j/b's, remove contacts look inside detectors and panels etc, spot visits no prior warnings.

answer was an emphatic no - i forget the lame reasons given, just remembered the incredulous horror and dismay i felt.

anyway enough of this, my views are un-dented as i'm just as sure yours are the same, as it's all been done to death before lets just stop here, lothers can make up their own minds.

lets face it, another 10 years and i won't care either way - if i still have a pulse that is :unsure: and why make new enimies, had enough of that in the past.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i wonder how do you sustain that view? when i spoke to them at ifsec i asked how far they looked into systems, for instance do they open j/b's, remove contacts look inside detectors and panels etc, spot visits no prior warnings.

answer was an emphatic no - i forget the lame reasons given, just remembered the incredulous horror and dismay i felt.

regs

alan

like i said "you`ve never been through an inspection ......." yes they do open joint boxes, get the ladders off to check the fixings on sheet clad buildings and ring customers to check they did get the annual visit ( and on the date the db says and that we did fail to contact the customer on the dates we claim we tried ) amongst many things

but there not going to tell you that before you sign up are they - LOL

like i said "you`ve never been through an inspection ......." yes they do open joint boxes, get the ladders off to check the fixings on sheet clad buildings and ring customers to check they did get the annual visit ( and on the date the db says and that we did fail to contact the customer on the dates we claim we tried ) amongst many things

but there not going to tell you that before you sign up are they - LOL

peace!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

peace!

regs

alan

:punk:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived