Security Installer Community

Disabling Whole System

Rosie

I see. This makes more sense.

So there is a secret "extra" manual someowhere that only those in the know can get hold of. Looks like being an expensive few months then.

Out of interest, do you guys need to get special checks done before you are given the inner secrets?

it's more knowledge than just manuals rosie.

approved companies do yes but just like many other industries their is no legal requirmant to be approved.

the 2 main approval bodies are Nsi & ssaib.

if you intend to phone a local firm for advice, costs or callout I'd advise one that is approved by either.

good luck whatever happens.

Rosie,

What you could do is call out the engineer to power down your system for you while the work is being carried out or at least power down the parts that are going to get moved so the overall system integrity is kept as intact as possible. As Chorlton said any honest engineer will be able to be work out a schedule with you and give you a reasonable price for the work.

If you need to use the engineer code in association with the engineering / installer manual which came with the alarm, which as it say in the banner we can't give out.

Out of interest, do you guys need to get special checks done before you are given the inner secrets?

As to that, yes we do, there are security vetting checks done. Also it takes a time to learn the various alarm system that what ever company we work for deal with.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

If you need to use the engineer code in association with the engineering / installer manual which came with the alarm, which as it say in the banner we can't give out.

I know and I thought I was sticking to the rules as I don't need the engineer code or the engineer manual as I already have both of them but the manual isn't as comprehensive as it could be.

Thanks to all for the advice though. I think I'll get an engineer to power down the whole system for a few months and then re-activate it once all the work has been done.

I know and I thought I was sticking to the rules as I don't need the engineer code or the engineer manual as I already have both of them but the manual isn't as comprehensive as it could be.

Thanks to all for the advice though. I think I'll get an engineer to power down the whole system for a few months and then re-activate it once all the work has been done.

engineers (because they know how) can usually overcome a code on the simpler systems once at the panel, they default and reprogram as required and normally insert their own code

i'm not giving anything away here, an engineer will use engineer mode to alow him to work on the system, that will not include powering down as the external siren will activate if he did.

by entering the engineer mode, you will be able to do what you need for decorating, but if you short a cable you will likely blow a fuse and not be able to silence the external sirens.

you now i hope see another good reason for our reticence and the rules we have.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I feel sorry for the poor manual - seems its getting all the blame LOL

:yes::lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Rosie

when we work on a alarm system to do work as you would require we assess what we need to do before we start work - if we need to disconnect a cable we would if necessary disc. the cable from the control unit so as we don

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

OP- we know how to disable alarms because we have been trained and have put a lot of time and effort into learning our trade, so therefore we cannot just give this info to the general public for various reasons, most of which have been discussed above.

The easiest way to proceed is to either let the bell ring whilst you do the work, or call in an engineer.

2nd choice is preferable

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I too would recommend getting a pro in to do the work, if you knew the basics of security alarms/electrical work, you would be able to figure out how to silence the alarm, but if your asking how to do that, then I would not recommend messing with the wiring....

Archived