Security Installer Community

Internet Since Sunday

satsuma01

Yeah but your 'other' line is some sort of lan/cable speed deamon isnt it?

AFAIK orange use LLU BT stuff or are they BT wholesale?

If its LLU then its down to orange lol

Satsuma what made you go for orange, ie the primary reason for picking it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

who has had problems with internet this week ans does anyone know whats gone wrong

:unsure:

On Saturday I demanded my ISP upgrade me connection to the 20M I was paying for..

They said they couldn't unless they took it from another user, so I suggested they pick on someone from Burntwood.

Sorry matey, looks like it was you..

;)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

i'm on Virgin cable, from time tot ime i have to reset the modem and router when i get 'little or no connectivity' warnings although showing full 54mps in network properties.

can be irritating but otherwise very reliable service, think i am one of a lucky few on the local node, as most i spoke to around here seem to be on adsl.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Right update on orange to everyone.

the BT LLU servers crashed and went into error on sunday night, this meant a temporary service was installed but then on the monday night the same servers went down completely, and this put about 3 million or more homes without internet connection, some did and some didnt have connection. The proxy server has also gone into error and that is also still offline (all through BT and Orange) They said they would try and fix the fault through the next 24 hours that was yesterday and some of the servers and the proxy servers are still down due to technical reasons. The speed was sent out to every at a very low signal to see how the servers have handled it, and they are still working on these systems now, so people through orange on an LLU system may still be experiencing problems or even no service. Unfortunately we are on an LLU service and thats why the internet was so hit and miss.

They say they can get things repaired with in the next 24-48 hours and to just bear with them,

although i can see tsi i still cannot get on MSN messenger

Reagrds Colin

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Yeah but your 'other' line is some sort of lan/cable speed deamon isnt it?

AFAIK orange use LLU BT stuff or are they BT wholesale?

If its LLU then its down to orange lol

Satsuma what made you go for orange, ie the primary reason for picking it?

because i dont pay for my internet :P

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived