Security Installer Community

Electrical Spur To Galaxy

Well, come and do mine then.

i take it your c/u is full then.....

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Give the man a coconut. :banned:

Just like many others too! no so far to the jobs that ive been to...... :whistle:

But hey, you ALWAYS connect to C/U :yes: there is always space in the c/u :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Can you spur power for a Galaxy G2 from a 15A ring mains lighting circuit, or does it have to be from a 30 amp mains Ring.

The control panel draws a very limited ammount of current, less than 3 amps, where that supply comes from is largely academic as long as it complies with current wiring regulations.

There is nothing in the regs to stop you from using a lighting circuit, in an ideal world it would be wired directly to it's own MCB at the CU but in reality this is often not practical.

If you connect a FCU (fused connection unit not spur) to a lighting circuit it is good practice to label it so nobody is tempeted to connect a 3kw fan heater to it in the future!

Where would I wire it to?

I would rather take the supply from a lighting circuit which isn't protected by an RCD than a ring main which is so if the CU is a split load board I would take it from the non protected side.

I would rather take the supply from a lighting circuit which isn't protected by an RCD than a ring main which is so if the CU is a split load board I would take it from the non protected side.

angus you let me down, thought we would of had a good reply statiing the regs.....never mind....

just out of curiousity, Lawandorder, why would you bypass extra proctection by connection on the 'non proctected side.......?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

angus you let me down, thought we would of had a good reply statiing the regs.....never mind....

just out of curiousity, Lawandorder, why would you bypass extra proctection by connection on the 'non proctected side.......?

say the rcd cuts out while the homeowner is on holiday and thats where the alarm feed comes from, whats going to happen, the battery will die due to no charging current, the bellbox will sound and the neighbours will either call the police as a noise nuisance or may try and get to the bell to shut the thing up....... RCD on ANY Sensitive equipment is not a good idea in my opinion... MCB :yes: RCD :no:

say the rcd cuts out while the homeowner is on holiday and thats where the alarm feed comes from, whats going to happen, the battery will die due to no charging current, the bellbox will sound and the neighbours will either call the police as a noise nuisance or may try and get to the bell to shut the thing up....... RCD on ANY Sensitive equipment is not a good idea in my opinion... MCB :yes: RCD :no:

JESUS, that is the first post you have ever made that i agree with.

have you had i bang to the head?

JESUS, that is the first post you have ever made that i agree with.

have you had i bang to the head?

:yes::lol:

interesting explaination..

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived