Security Installer Community

Mcb Trips

arfur mo

Are you that old Arf??? Are the ramps arriving soon at the front and back doors???

stanna stair lift installers are due to go on tuesday :lol: :lol: :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Only if it's 1.5 t&e, 10A on a 1.0mm can be too close for comfort....

Table 4D2A of the wiring regs say 1.0mm will carry 13A using ref method 3, or 11 amps using ref method 4. 10amps being lower than both I don

Trade Member

I think the problem might arise when refering to table 4H3A, the ceiling pendant drop are nominally 0.75mm with a current carry capacity of 6A, so all cables feeding lighting other than those already 1.0mm would need to be upgraded to 1.0mm.

This cable upgrading does not negate the need to confirm disconnection times, etc, etc

I think the problem might arise when refering to table 4H3A, the ceiling pendant drop are nominally 0.75mm with a current carry capacity of 6A, so all cables feeding lighting other than those already 1.0mm would need to be upgraded to 1.0mm.

This cable upgrading does not negate the need to confirm disconnection times, etc, etc

Never considered that so should we look at table 524-01 that states 1.0mm minimum for lighting circuits?

Trade Member

Oh I see this has turned into a "I know the regs better than you" debate.

:yes:

:lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I just get p***** *** when some one says to ignore advise given in good faith.

This is how you learn, ignore the p1ss takers, most cables in the loft are installed in insulation for more then 1m, check the derating factor for that! ;) That's why I always advise caution when putting a 1.0mm on a 10A, it is as I said "too close for comfort".

:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I just get p***** *** when some one says to ignore advise given in good faith.

Yes but you dont know what size of cable is feeding the circuit, you dont know what the OP's technical ability is, he is obviously not an electrician so should he be taking the cover off the CU at all?

Guest anguscanplay
Yes but you dont know what size of cable is feeding the circuit, you dont know what the OP's technical ability is, he is obviously not an electrician so should he be taking the cover off the CU at all?

I like you Baracus LOL

Archived