Security Installer Community

Mcb Trips

arfur mo

Guest anguscanplay
if the mcb is a type 'b' then replace with one of the same rating but with a type 'c' but make sure you earth loop test the circuit to make sure the installation is with in the limits of the mcb reading.

cheers

colin

and it`ll need notifying

and it`ll need notifying

well if he's doing properly that is :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Candle lamps Alan or GU10?

Candle lamps are a bugger for this problem, as already mentioned a type C or possibly a D would stop it but you would have to check the disconnection time was <5 seconds under fault conditions. Also possible the circuit could be split into two to reduce load and lessen the chance of this happening.

You can get GU10's that are fused if you ask for them, costalot but worth it if it's causing problems?

Or as you suggest yourself use flourscent? B)

they are candle lamps (clear) which are getting trickier to buy, means we have to buy what we can get hold of and often these are the cheaper types not osran ect.

the load being in a bungalow with only us mostly these days (kids have flown) is very low, most other lights are Low Energy and we rarely have the place lit up like tesco's. i was thinking of going to have fitted some wall lights on a different mcb to give alternative lighting, short term i've bought some standard lamps that plug into the ring.

usually it's more of a pia most of the time, but i'm more concerned at the moment due to the wifes current short term disability, i'm weary she might be in the bath or shower and the lights go out, that could obviously be fairly dangerous event for her, she is fairly limited when reaching for low level switching as with sockets and no way do i want her doing that when wet (as it could scorch the wallpaper :ninja: ).

thanks guys for the suggestions, i will contact a sparks to have bigger consumer unit fitted in order to have the lighting better split up, might also get it mounted at a lower more convenient level instead of being hard up against the garage ceiling needing steps or a pole to reset the trips while in total darkness - brilliant planning that :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

they are candle lamps (clear) which are getting trickier to buy, means we have to buy what we can get hold of and often these are the cheaper types not osran ect.

the load being in a bungalow with only us mostly these days (kids have flown) is very low, most other lights are Low Energy and we rarely have the place lit up like tesco's. i was thinking of going to have fitted some wall lights on a different mcb to give alternative lighting, short term i've bought some standard lamps that plug into the ring.

usually it's more of a pia most of the time, but i'm more concerned at the moment due to the wifes current short term disability, i'm weary she might be in the bath or shower and the lights go out, that could obviously be fairly dangerous event for her, she is fairly limited when reaching for low level switching as with sockets and no way do i want her doing that when wet (as it could scorch the wallpaper :ninja: ).

thanks guys for the suggestions, i will contact a sparks to have bigger consumer unit fitted in order to have the lighting better split up, might also get it mounted at a lower more convenient level instead of being hard up against the garage ceiling needing steps or a pole to reset the trips while in total darkness - brilliant planning that :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

Candle lamps, if I had a pound for every time a candle lamp took out the MCB at my old house I would have about

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I would go for a 10A MCB.

Only if it's 1.5 t&e, 10A on a 1.0mm can be too close for comfort....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived