Security Installer Community

Diy Regulations / Standards

magpye

i have been belted with 240 through a pir cable. It happens

yes but you had to HOLD the cable which should at least be in the terminal blocks i'd hope, as a pro did you not evencheck - at least with a neon screwdriver, hot finger or calibrated meter :rolleyes: is was actually safe to touch???? even without that test kit to hand, half drunk on a system you had not installed yourself, and one attached to the mains you should only use the BACK of you hand so you can't grasp it.

small things like that caution makes all the difference between being a safety conscious living pro engineer - and a wanna be

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The one posted by tops is.

Stay in denial Arfur, wherever it is, it's obviously a place where you feel most comfortable. :rolleyes:

the one posted-:

so you can't even tell the difference between white plastic and a metal casing - now i am worried :fear:

so what happens when your faced with and having to recognise the difference between 12 vdc or 240 ac?

regs

alan

just go round Arfurs house :ninja:

no danger here, - honest, mind you i'm still learning, even after only 38 years in this industry.

one day perhaps you will show me how it's done :unsure:

regs

alan

You looked closely at the psu???

Thought not.

i did not mension it to save you blushes, but as you persisting...

exsplain to me in very simple language because i'm very very old, very very frail and very very stupid (as if!), how you can get a shock off a totally plastic encased piece of equipment? now this should be very interesting.

as for looking at the psu, the one on the left is as like most simple bell transformers and sold by the zillions, if mains were put into the secondary side there would be a loud pop, a possible phut and definitely i'd guess some smoke - and likely the end off the psu's useful life. with it, the end of any perilous connection to the mains that was ever offered momentarily in the 1st place.

the one of the right is a common plastic type again sold by the zillions - so your point is??

the question i posed to you was 'how is anyone going to get across mains on equipment cased in plastic?'

so you care to answer me now? (perhaps also explain to me how using a neon screwdriver presents a 'perilous' danger chapter and verse - as nothing i can find in google searches can't :no: ).

regs

alan

The PSU i am referring to is the one i posted in the thread and have referred to. NOT anything included in the picture of a kit posted towards the end of the thread.

So stop trying to belittle people with your patronising tone. It does not become you nor does it do you any great service.

So please look closely at the relevant picture and comment accordingly.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay
The PSU i am referring to is the one i posted in the thread and have referred to. NOT anything included in the picture of a kit posted towards the end of the thread.

So stop trying to belittle people with your patronising tone. It does not become you nor does it do you any great service.

and the one Arf`s on about is a plug power supply for fixed equipment so EN/BS still applies - the old man really does have selective deafness doesnt he ? LOL

i'm sorry, disrespectful and snide remarks insinuating my lak of ability to wire alarm equipment to the mains was just polite repartee was it? i'm astounded at that insinuation, especially from someone who has never seen my work and in comparrason cn not dream to match my experience.

so don't try to hide behind that statement, your just doing yourself a massive injustice.

the kit in it's entirety was shown in that picture, your below par response and my subsequent replies were based on that kit, no repost from you about the plastic housing that i mentioned. (btw your psu was dismissedd and long forgotten about by this time).

when your wrong be big enough to admit it oe withdraw with good grace - or just just suck it up as i do (which just happens to be very rare - but i just can't help that though), or do you think a professional membership of 5k + would simply not notice when you type your utter twaddle?

and i'm 'patronising' am i? (yeh right - as if!)

regs

alan

Archived