Security Installer Community

Diy Regulations / Standards

magpye

Guest anguscanplay
Joe would plead ignorance and every judge in the country, realising that they themselves are just as ignorant as Joe (and 95% of the population), would have no option but to let him off lightly.

gas work in the 60`s

drink driving in the 70`s

240v work in the 80`s

all the same old - doesnt make it right though does it V ? hopefully by the time the eldest starts with us someone will have had to balls to start enforcing the rule and he`ll never see some of the dangerous DIY installs I`ve had to put right

i think we have all done our best to alter the other sides very entrenched views.

fairly early days yet for the part p to be enforced, but one day the kack no doubt will hit the fan, then we will perhaps know for sure exactly where these regulations bite.

imo an excellent (if protracted) discussion, and if nothing else gave me quite a few laughs and some good entertainment along the way. and for change it did not even get nasty - now there's a thing, so is it the wind of change of just all hot air? :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

and what if he swims the channel?

thats an irrelevant question barooga, as the whole kit to be used with no if's no buts was clearly shown in the pic for the example.

anyway, so where in your house did you fit that psu? :lol:

regs

alan

Like part P, it seems you haven't checked it out.

But hey, id=f someone were to strap themselves across the mains with it you can just say it didn't matter, i was simply doing a bit of diy with a security system.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Like part P, it seems you haven't checked it out.

But hey, id=f someone were to strap themselves across the mains with it you can just say it didn't matter, i was simply doing a bit of diy with a security system.

well its a plastic panel, and a plastic bell with plastic pirs, how is anyone going to 'strap themselves across the mains' with that little lot and get a belt? part p or otherwise.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

well its a plastic panel, and a plastic bell with plastic pirs, how is anyone going to 'strap themselves across the mains' with that little lot and get a belt? part p or otherwise.

regs

alan

The one posted by tops is.

Stay in denial Arfur, wherever it is, it's obviously a place where you feel most comfortable. :rolleyes:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived