Security Installer Community

How To Install An Alarm?

ricool

Hi there i'm about to embark on installing an alarm.

Does anybody know of any good reference material that can be used to help install an alarm? - either on the web or books?

How useful do people find the literature that comes with alarms? (maybe most of you don't need this now though?)

Many Thanks,

Removed by alarm gard as unhelpful

Er, this question was asked in the DIY section...... :angry2:

Anyway, on a more relevant note, the web site associated with this forum has some useful tips for DIY-ers.

Look here for starters: http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Cont...diy_install.asp

Also, have you asked the suppliers of your alarm? The people I got mine from http://www.electrotec-alarms.co.uk/index.html supplied a useful printed guide.

Hi there i'm about to embark on installing an alarm.

Does anybody know of any good reference material that can be used to help install an alarm? - either on the web or books?

How useful do people find the literature that comes with alarms? (maybe most of you don't need this now though?)

Many Thanks,

oh dear, where do we start?

B&Q sell DIY alarm systems and i wish you well if you go this route (big pause to hold breath), but to be honest there is a myriad of decisions and considerations to be made way before selecting what panel and what detectors you will need.

there are very basic 'guidance' books out there to be read, but to be honest why not simply get a few quotes in, surely far better than trying to learn a whole new trade just for one very important installation especially at this time of year?

can't see the sense myself :no:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I'll tell you, get rid of the Public Forum, !!..DIY Alarm Installers..!!

What's the point of this Forum when almost every DIY, note, DIY, questioner is ridiculed in one way or another or told to 'get a quote'?

Most of the so called 'answers' in this thread and most of the other DIY Forum threads bare no relevance to the question, so why bother to answer (answer?), as has been requested many times in the past, if you have nothing constructive to offer, say nothing.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

What's the point of this Forum when almost every DIY, note, DIY, questioner is ridiculed in one way or another or told to 'get a quote'?

Most of the so called 'answers' in this thread and most of the other DIY Forum threads bare no relevance to the question, so why bother to answer (answer?), as has been requested many times in the past, if you have nothing constructive to offer, say nothing.

Very well put.

3 cheerscheerscheers

Negative posts removed and warning issued.

If you dont want to help in the public forums then dont, the mod team will start issuing more warnings and removing posts if this continues.

B&Q sell DIY alarm systems and i wish you well if you go this route (big pause to hold breath), but to be honest there is a myriad of decisions and considerations to be made way before selecting what panel and what detectors you will need.

there are very basic 'guidance' books out there to be read, but to be honest why not simply get a few quotes in, surely far better than trying to learn a whole new trade just for one very important installation especially at this time of year?

can't see the sense myself :no:

regs

alan

I think he's bought the kit Arfur and has asked b4 about detectors and install locations even drawn a nice plan.

What he needs now is the install manual and wiring advice on the chosen kit. which we can't give :no:

Sorry ricool I'm no use but someone else may be more help.

C.

:)

Guest Dave the alarm man
If you dont want to help in the public forums then dont, the mod team will start issuing more warnings and removing posts if this continues.

colin there is nothing in the way of a book which tells you how to fit alarms, make controls out of biscuit tin's yes :yes: 70's type.....

now I'am far from the most DIY helpful but unlike many here I know what I'am talking about.....

DIY book "intruder alarms" by colin bridge's, largely obsolete my copy is 20 twenty + years old, isbn 09478665013

I see randy really helped again on this one :rolleyes:

thanks for the 20% warn BTW

Archived