Security Installer Community

Tv Shopping - Have You Been Misled Or Done?

arfur mo

hi all,

stuck this in the gadgets section as i'm a sucker for shinny new tools

1) the ruling half wanted a 'nicer dicer' (don't ask - just google it), so i phones up orders 1 off from tv shopping channel checks they are in stock and this is confirmed., 3 weeks later no gadget and so i phones up to chase it, told another few weeks wait so i cancel it as found same item cheaper on ebay.

a few weeks later all forgotten about then we notice a small charge on the credit card, investigates and told its for a subscription??? we don't do subscriptions to much like reading regs :fear: so thinking card is now vulnerable and cloned i cancels the card and order new ones complete with new numbers.

tops up this Tv Shopping Co telrep had subscribed me to a token service i did not want, and also charged me for two units not one as i had ordered, then the company did not cancel the transaction as they agreed they would do.

me being me i wrote a very fiery email and threatenned the wrath of hell (well you know me when i go of on one :rolleyes: ) big big appologies, and i got a unit sent out for free, so a favourable result in the end, but it was inconvenient having to cancel the cards.

2) our kitchen knives are as old as the hills, a house brick would cut better, so i liked the look of Chef Tony's miracle blade 3 knives, the complaint email i sent explains all :yes: -:

i Received the knives in good time but I have only 1 long knife in the kit where the picture shows 2, I do have 8 steak knives instead of the 4 shown in the picture on your site, but I can

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

stuck this in the gadgets section as i'm a sucker for shinny new tools

1) the ruling half wanted a 'nicer dicer' (don't ask - just google it), so i phones up orders 1 off from tv shopping channel checks they are in stock and this is confirmed., 3 weeks later no gadget and so i phones up to chase it, told another few weeks wait so i cancel it as found same item cheaper on ebay.

a few weeks later all forgotten about then we notice a small charge on the credit card, investigates and told its for a subscription??? we don't do subscriptions to much like reading regs :fear: so thinking card is now vulnerable and cloned i cancels the card and order new ones complete with new numbers.

tops up this Tv Shopping Co telrep had subscribed me to a token service i did not want, and also charged me for two units not one as i had ordered, then the company did not cancel the transaction as they agreed they would do.

me being me i wrote a very fiery email and threatenned the wrath of hell (well you know me when i go of on one :rolleyes: ) big big appologies, and i got a unit sent out for free, so a favourable result in the end, but it was inconvenient having to cancel the cards.

2) our kitchen knives are as old as the hills, a house brick would cut better, so i liked the look of Chef Tony's miracle blade 3 knives, the complaint email i sent explains all :yes: -:

i Received the knives in good time but I have only 1 long knife in the kit where the picture shows 2, I do have 8 steak knives instead of the 4 shown in the picture on your site, but I can

hi all,i just wondered had anyone else suffered these 'mistakes', internet shopping runs hand in hand with Tv shopping as all the vendors have web sites. so if they want people to overcome their fears and mistrust of what is remote shopping, against where normally they go into a store view and handle he goods then pay usually taking the item their and then, against risking being 'screwed over', the performance of these two is not helping that quest.many of you run web sites as a legit form of advertising, i'm sure some sell items direct to the visitors and nothing wrong with that, but these sort of events don't help you gain the overall confidence of the 'grazing' customer which in turn damages you.regsalan

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
would u like some Ovaltine to go with your Knapp Norman?regsalan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 month later...
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

keeping you up are we norman? :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived