Security Installer Community

Installing A Socket At The Bottom Of Garden?

Boo

Hi Boo,

2.5mm 3 core SWA with protected by a 15A MCB with RCD or use a RCBO from the consumer unit if you have a spare way, ask you electrician friend to perform the standard test & inspections before adding another circuit, when installed ask him to certify it.

Ian

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Boo,

2.5mm 3 core SWA with protected by a 15A MCB with RCD or use a RCBO from the consumer unit if you have a spare way, ask you electrician friend to perform the standard test & inspections before adding another circuit, when installed ask him to certify it.

Ian

banghead

Guest Dave the alarm man
Hi Boo,

Ian

almost, the new cirucit requies testing before being energized ;)

you want to reconsider that ?

law

fine

jail ?

regards

angus

sometime matey, i wonder how you ever get to leave your front door the way you worry :unsure: , you could get shot and be killed if you don't wear a bullet proof vest, might be struck on the head so best just wear that hard hat all the time, might burn ytou fingers on a nbanister so on with the gloves and don't forget you toe tectors :P

now go read ALL of it Angus READ IT ALL! :rolleyes: , where did i encourage anything other than use a sparks?

it go's on to state some of the pit falls if he don't and also states very clearly the ONLY proper way forward is a trained sparks

so nothing to reconsider me thinks.

the guy is an adult over 18 (i assume) living in society and not just emerged from a jungle (i assume) so he is aware laws apply in this society and ignorance of them is no defense in law (i assume).

i assume again he can walk, talk and even chew gum perhaps all at the same time, so can be trusted to work out it 's up to him to follow the rules as advised - or not.

we have both done our best to guide him on the correct road, but if he ignores that advice the heavens will not fall in on him, even if the BCO was to find out he would be unlikely to be prosecuted, and even then a fine is the worst outcome likely for not having the works certificating, but he/she will ask for the works to be checked and a report given by a competent sparks.

like a llot or our laws yes there is punishment by jail term - but how often is that sanction used? and for this 'offense' you got any case history that can actually be proved?

so calm down dear it's only a forum B)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
so calm down dear it's only a forum B)

regs

alan

LOL " heaven wont fall in...... " nah but at least he will have spiders sparky mate to keep him company in the showers - sort of look out for each over hmm LOL ?

Better get used to the new rules everyone

Guest Dave the alarm man
Sorry mate, this is not a technical electrical forum

Did I mention I'am at work......... glances to the left to see my own c&g certs next to the firm NICEIC cert :rolleyes:

Alan, heres a classic case with no one held accountable

DR JENNY TONGE

Archived