Security Installer Community

Installing A Socket At The Bottom Of Garden?

Boo

Guest Dave the alarm man
So are you saying he shouldn't do it himself Dave? :whistle:

well yes I was hinting at that, of course if he holds registration with one of bodies to enable him to self cert, other wise produce the qualifications & test equipment then pay the fee to building control. would be the safe & legal way to do it.

Guest anguscanplay

as per post number 3

still it aint going to stop the man cause the nice man on that forum said " blah blah heaven wont fall in, blah blah your sparky will need to sign it off ( just a formality )"

" oy BOO mains NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "

regards

Angus

Did I mention I'am at work......... glances to the left to see my own c&g certs next to the firm NICEIC cert :rolleyes:

Alan, heres a classic case with no one held accountable

why aimed at me and why am i the 'bad guy' - again :( ?

agains as i told Angus i advocated getting in a proper sparks did i not?

lets get a bit real here, life's full of risks even breathing or holding your breath presents risks (but don't hold it too long Angus :rolleyes: ), i don't advocate taking unnecessary risks life has to have some.

so come on now Dave, you know as well as i the thin white capping used to cover the cable would never in a million years have ever stopped the 1st accident now would it? used mainly to stop mechanical damage from plasterers troughs from slicing the cable, also to keep the cable in the proper place and is common practice on many a dry lined wall, which also means the cable is not at the recommended 50mm deep either, so the judge in in his comment on that case was an ill informed out of touch with reality hillock (just for a change :rolleyes: ), even using the oval shaped plastic tube don't offer much protection against power tools or nails, so why is it we don't even use metal conduit as standard?

all the above is why it needs a practicing and experienced tradesman with the right training and equipment to keep the non-combatants safe (hows your vest doing by the way :lol:).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

seems to be a case of word blindness going on with several members, so for their benifit ...........................

and if you don't the heavens won't fall in, but when it comes to selling time it could be a problem like planning permission on a garage that was not taken up at the time. and thats apart from any problem if (god forbid) somebody did gets hurt say mowing the lawn with an electric mower plugged into that socket, might not be down to your mistake with the wiring, but you would be in a sticky situation just like being hit from behind while stationary in your car, but you have had 3 pints.

there is only one proper way forward on this - i.e. get a qualified sparks who can certificate it. these rule are there for good reason's not just to cost you money.

regs

alan

regs

Alan (even when i'm right i'm wrong in here :bruce_h4h:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

why aimed at me and why am i the 'bad guy' - again :( ?

agains as i told Angus i advocated getting in a proper sparks did i not?

lets get a bit real here, life's full of risks even breathing or holding your breath presents risks (but don't hold it too long Angus :rolleyes: ), i don't advocate taking unnecessary risks life has to have some.

so come on now Dave, you know as well as i the thin white capping used to cover the cable would never in a million years have ever stopped the 1st accident now would it? used mainly to stop mechanical damage from plasterers troughs from slicing the cable, also to keep the cable in the proper place and is common practice on many a dry lined wall, which also means the cable is not at the recommended 50mm deep either, so the judge in in his comment on that case was an ill informed out of touch with reality hillock (just for a change :rolleyes: ), even using the oval shaped plastic tube don't offer much protection against power tools or nails, so why is it we don't even use metal conduit as standard?

all the above is why it needs a practicing and experienced tradesman with the right training and equipment to keep the non-combatants safe (hows your vest doing by the way :lol:).

regs

alan

Lets get this right ,im not a spark by the way ,but do your regs say cabling has to be 50mm deep inside the wall ,cos if so your gonna have to tear down all redrow homes.The sparks cable clip the cable onto walls with no capping on ,and then get plastered using the dot and dab method .So cable no more than 20 mm deep yet its passed by NHBC so i cant see it being illegal .Arfur made some good points and is being treated un fairly imo ,he advocated getting in a qualified spark but Agnes yet again is taking matters in his own hands and acting as judge and executioner.

Again barooga very constructive advice always there to inflame the situation. :unsure:

Beg your pardon??

As part of your strange attempt to misconstrue things, yet again you make a comment based on your own predudices and not on fact.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Beg your pardon??

As part of your strange attempt to misconstrue things, yet again you make a comment based on your own predudices and not on fact.

Was it not an attempt to get Arfurs back up by ridiculing him?

Archived