Security Installer Community

Installing A Socket At The Bottom Of Garden?

Boo

bufoon = One who acts in a silly or ridiculous fashion; a clown or fool. :rolleyes:

so just what is it are you trying to say? :bruce_h4h:

:lol:

i thought it was a call mad or received while stark naked :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i get problems with my lower back so i bought a T.E.N.S. machine, great bit of kit and recommend it if you suffer such problems, works by electric pulses off a battery.

was so impressed i bought one for the mother-in-law and to save her pension money i've replaced the PP3 with a mains lead - i just can't wait for christmas so she can try it out, bet she will be surprised ;)

regs

alan

so just what is it are you trying to say? :bruce_h4h:

:lol:

thought somebody was having a go at you Alan (again) so i looked it up in dict, just to make sure, now i think it is a coded message. and have some top guys working on it to see if they can crack it , let you now mate ;)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay
what would you say about a 4mm armourd cable coming off a fused spur, fed off a socket protected by a 32 amp mcb on a board fitted with a rcd

I`d say leave it to the registered sparks who will be doing the work cause you already showing your not fully competant and if you carry on you`ll be breaking the law at best

I`d say leave it to the registered sparks who will be doing the work cause you already showing your not fully competant and if you carry on you`ll be breaking the law at best

:( But can i not do it myself and have an electrician come in and connect and test it

what would you say about a 4mm armourd cable coming off a fused spur, fed off a socket protected by a 32 amp mcb on a board fitted with a rcd

i would say as a theory and minus any legal aspects that would be fine, although if it is little effort run it to the CU.

Although it seems an odd question to ask when you gave the best answer yourself? also this is a security forum, may be better asking at a sparks forum.

But i suppose you still got an answer.

Guest anguscanplay
:( But can i not do it myself and have an electrician come in and connect and test it

usually no - you might find someone willing to " bend " the rules but thats between them and their conscience. This is one of the things about rules and regs. you might be perfectly able to do a job one day but " not allowed " to do it the day after, but in this example the law is clear, your installing mains outside so its needs to comply with Part P and to all intents and purposes that means you need to pay a registered installer to do the work.

You could dig the holes if you want

Angus

usually no - you might find someone willing to " bend " the rules but thats between them and their conscience. This is one of the things about rules and regs. you might be perfectly able to do a job one day but " not allowed " to do it the day after, but in this example the law is clear, your installing mains outside so its needs to comply with Part P and to all intents and purposes that means you need to pay a registered installer to do the work.

You could dig the holes if you want

Angus

and if you don't the heavens won't fall in, but when it comes to selling time it could be a problem like planning permission on a garage that was not taken up at the time. and thats apart from any problem if (god forbid) somebody did gets hurt say mowing the lawn with an electric mower plugged into that socket, might not be down to your mistake with the wiring, but you would be in a sticky situation just like being hit from behind while stationary in your car, but you have had 3 pints.

there is only one proper way forward on this - i.e. get a qualified sparks who can certificate it. these rule are there for good reason's not just to cost you money.

regs

alan

Guest Dave the alarm man
i would say as a theory and minus any legal aspects that would be fine, although if it is little effort run it to the CU.

you forgot the most important bit.................... requires testing to ensure its safe (to BS7671) just because "it works" does not mean it is safe to use eg... risk of electric shock resulting in burns, injury or death or just as dangerous the risk of fire.

Also for the OP what makes you think the electrical installtion in the house is not already in a dangerous state by untrain people tacking stuff on or by age?

as said by angus you what to save money dig the trench to depth laying the cable as sized by them in it, anything else IMHO is stupid,

Oh BTW

ecbp39.jpg

electrical burns, mummh smells like roast pork....

Archived