Security Installer Community

What Method Of Expansion Would You Suggest?

amateurandy

for a bells only this is not so great a problem, and sometimes you want to come in via a side or back door. if not the 'reminder' bleep means you have a chance to stop if being a bit absent minded and so preventing the neighbours being disturbed for no reason.

it's always better to group door contacts on a single zone than pir's, although imo you always get far more false alarms of door contacts, key-holders simply will not check a remote door is secured prior to setting a system where as a oir will often 'live' with a draft from say a partially open window

regs

alan

Shouldn't be a problem for us as only the front door is used for "first time" access and we are very good at checking the house is secure before leaving. The other 2 doors both go to the back garden and there is no way round the back without serious effort/damage. Though the window cleaner never has a problem...... :P

And wiring all the door contacts into 1 zone will be a doddle! Open up the panel and it will take about 2 minutes with a bit of choc-bloc and a quick reprogram of course! :ninja:

Thanks folks for the other comments on suitable panels... :)

Shouldn't be a problem for us as only the front door is used for "first time" access and we are very good at checking the house is secure before leaving. The other 2 doors both go to the back garden and there is no way round the back without serious effort/damage. Though the window cleaner never has a problem...... :P

And wiring all the door contacts into 1 zone will be a doddle! Open up the panel and it will take about 2 minutes with a bit of choc-bloc and a quick reprogram of course! :ninja:

Thanks folks for the other comments on suitable panels... :)

Why not add a Nova 4 wireless from Risco that accepts 4 devices and can be used on any panel. Then just buy another Accenta key pad.

!

I also remember fitting zone expander units that had status LED's but that was a loooong time ago!

So do I, we're both showing our age, we used to use Racal

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

So do I, we're both showing our age, we used to use Racal

I forget the name but it "may" have been ACT, remember the ACT test gear to prove if the detector activated or the panel was faulty! LOL

I'm only 35 years young as well!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Andy, are you wanting to do it cheap or not bovvered about money?

Hi Tinnitus ("The bells!, the bells!") to be honest, I'm not sure, but I'm definitely not at either extreme.

I don't even know if it's a risk worth covering - hence the description of the "empty rooms" etc.

When I installed the system I had just been made redundant due to disability, with absolutely no prospects of normal paid employment ever again, and was burgled while out for the day visiting my sister "up North" on her birthday (big 5 0). So absolutely no money to spare and a very uncertain future.

Since then I've had a (not great, but useful) settlement after a long legal case, taken retirement (small pension) and now work part-time from home (self-employed fixing PC problems) which is going OK. So I'm "careful" with money but happy to spend wisely.

In the normal run of things I would probably get a pro in and have the whole thing redesigned properly from scratch; I could just about afford that. But having done it myself the first time, and stayed active on here for some time now, I have an "definite interest" in doing it myself. But I'd like to do it better this time. ;)

Oh, I am very happy to spend money on quality if possible, especially if it's something good and well-designed that lasts. Cheap short-life tat has it's place but I don't have much of it.

Hi Tinnitus ("The bells!, the bells!") to be honest, I'm not sure, but I'm definitely not at either extreme.

I don't even know if it's a risk worth covering - hence the description of the "empty rooms" etc.

When I installed the system I had just been made redundant due to disability, with absolutely no prospects of normal paid employment ever again, and was burgled while out for the day visiting my sister "up North" on her birthday (big 5 0). So absolutely no money to spare and a very uncertain future.

Since then I've had a (not great, but useful) settlement after a long legal case, taken retirement (small pension) and now work part-time from home (self-employed fixing PC problems) which is going OK. So I'm "careful" with money but happy to spend wisely.

In the normal run of things I would probably get a pro in and have the whole thing redesigned properly from scratch; I could just about afford that. But having done it myself the first time, and stayed active on here for some time now, I have an "definite interest" in doing it myself. But I'd like to do it better this time. ;)

Oh, I am very happy to spend money on quality if possible, especially if it's something good and well-designed that lasts. Cheap short-life tat has it's place but I don't have much of it.

Andy, as far as upgrades go, police, insurance companies and alarm companies all have a vested interest in them, if you have no obligation to either of them you have to ask what you want/need. if it were me and i just needed more coverage i would definitely double up. any faulty detectors can be found with a meter, if you ever need to. if i had some money to play with i would get a gardtec or a euro meridian(euro one). maybe the new galaxy G2. its something to play around with too if you upgrade, new project. the three systems mentioned can grow out of control if you have the time and money to have "fun" with them.

like the way you have "got on with it" mate, keep posting.

Archived