Security Installer Community

What Method Of Expansion Would You Suggest?

amateurandy

Why not add a Nova 4 wireless from Risco that accepts 4 devices and can be used on any panel. Then just buy another Accenta key pad.

will that unit give a separate indication of which 'extra' zone had activated? if not might as well put 3 pirs on a zone.

tbh it was all the rage especially up north of watford for companies to have several pir's and even mixed vipers on a single zone and have '1st to alarm' wired in. but this was very bad news in practice as it relies on the keyholder to check which detector triggered before reseting and going back to bed.

if they were studious and did that it worked fine - 'if' is a very big word but need i say more?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:lol: Early morning :lol: No chance.I have to wait for an hour for my medication to kick in before I can do anything useful!
so does angus, then they let him out of the straight jacket ;)
will that unit give a separate indication of which 'extra' zone had activated? regsalan
yes it does mate

so does angus, then they let him out of the straight jacket ;)yes it does mate

by that i mean is it 'latching',

(not used their Rx as a stand alone version).

still favour the contacts on one zone in preference, as in re-arm if the zone activated is isolated most of the system gets dissed until turned off by a keyholder :ninja:

regs

alan

no, 4 little LED's on the reciver.

so the problem will be if any of those activate, the keyholder will not know which one caused it,

i thought it's like the visonic unit having relays which you then wire via the springs to a zone using a seperaate zone for each channel.

regs

alan

if it were me and i just needed more coverage i would definitely double up. any faulty detectors can be found with a meter, if you ever need to. if i had some money to play with i would get a gardtec or a euro meridian(euro one). maybe the new galaxy G2. its something to play around with too if you upgrade, new project. the three systems mentioned can grow out of control if you have the time and money to have "fun" with them.

like the way you have "got on with it" mate, keep posting.

cheers.

In the short term "doubling up" sounds very feasible; I definitely have the means (time, brains, meter, logic etc.) to identify any problems that might occur.

so the problem will be if any of those activate, the keyholder will not know which one caused it,

i thought it's like the visonic unit having relays which you then wire via the springs to a zone using a seperaate zone for each channel.

regs

alan

yes you will know thats what the LEDs are for.

you can wire a single reciver onto one zone this will then give you 3 or 4 wireless zones[can't remember] there are 3/4 leds which ever pir is triggered the led will light up.

Guest anguscanplay
I wouldn't let Angus anywhere near the stuff I have to take - he'd be climbing the walls then heading for the moon, not just baying at it!

lol

if it wasnt so far I would have offered you a free install on the upgrade - come on guys who wants to help Andy out

you can wire a single reciver onto one zone this will then give you 3 or 4 wireless zones[can't remember] there are 3/4 leds which ever pir is triggered the led will light up.

Sounds interesting & useful, but not for me. Like my computer network, if I can wire it I will. :rolleyes:

Archived