Security Installer Community

Replace Master Socket

graemekeatley

Hi

I am replacing a master socket in my house, the previous occupants removed the boxes for some reason and all that was left was the line cable for outside. I need to clarify the correct colour code. The external cable has green, black, orange and white wrapped in plastic to separate them from a further 3 white wires. I was told that the wires used are the white for the A wire and orange for the B wire is this right, any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i wish to avoid paying

Hi

I am replacing a master socket in my house, the previous occupants removed the boxes for some reason and all that was left was the line cable for outside. I need to clarify the correct colour code. The external cable has green, black, orange and white wrapped in plastic to separate them from a further 3 white wires. I was told that the wires used are the white for the A wire and orange for the B wire is this right, any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i wish to avoid paying

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest Dave the alarm man
I was told that the wires used are the white for the A wire and orange for the B wire is this right, any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i wish to avoid paying

1st pair is normally blue's?

He's talking about the INCOMING BT cable (from the pole) TO the Master Socket, NOT the wiring FROM the Master Socket TO any extensions

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi

Spot on Andy.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Hello Graeme,

I believe it is a criminal offence to interfere with the incoming cabling up to and including the master socket, only BT are allowed to touch that, so you may need to "bite the bullet" and shell out that

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man
there was a cable tv service run by Redifusion because the terestrial reception was so naff, one of .......
no doubt you had dail with a-g on it (or something) which used to get you redifuison radiogram programs on :rolleyes:

Archived