Security Installer Community

Europlex 100

Polite warning to everyone in this post.

If you dont want to help the guy then do not post, any more off topic or stupid replies will be removed.

IMO It is helping the O/p to understand the need for tamper.

Although sould be put in a decent manner.

Some helpful information here then.

We as professionals always make sure tampers are in place on all alarm equipment.

You have stated in that basically you are not bothered about wiring tamper to the bellbox(remembering this piece of equipment makes the big noise).

That means mr burglar can open the box and disable bell in the way they want to.

I just do not understand admin saying please do not make stupid comments when this guy is making a stupid comment not wiring in tamper and by the way he is posting knows a bit about alarm systems without tamper lol.

What do you want us to say then???? No problem this is how you wire up the bell without tamper??

No way.

!

We as professionals always make sure tampers are in place on all alarm equipment.

You have stated in that basically you are not bothered about wiring tamper to the bellbox(remembering this piece of equipment makes the big noise).

That means mr burglar can open the box and disable bell in the way they want to.

I just do not understand admin saying please do not make stupid comments when this guy is making a stupid comment not wiring in tamper and by the way he is posting knows a bit about alarm systems without tamper lol.

What do you want us to say then???? No problem this is how you wire up the bell without tamper??

No way.

QFA

No way.

One sensible Jock there ;)

Guest anguscanplay

No way.

QFA
One sensible Jock there ;)
here here, time for a revolution. :P

okay my two comments on this thread - should serve as a reminder to anyone claiming trade ass. in an attempt to get more answers from the panel to ensure you can walk the walk too

Angus ( sometimes its hard to keep quite in the face of such provocation )

Hey Angus,

Don't steal my thunder....lol.

Admin why don't you close the thread because the origional post was to wire up a bell to a panel, then the guy does'nt use tamper for devices so the origional question is not valid but we as professionals get questioned for this.

Give us a break this time???

!

Hey Angus,

Don't steal my thunder....lol.

Admin why don't you close the thread because the origional post was to wire up a bell to a panel, then the guy does'nt use tamper for devices so the origional question is not valid but we as professionals get questioned for this.

Give us a break this time???

Agreed, total sense. BTW, do you know why dunfermline get called the pars before this topic is closed?

Agreed, total sense. BTW, do you know why dunfermline get called the pars before this topic is closed?

There are a few reasons for this but the one i believe is most of the players in the olden days worked in Rosyth Dockyard and played part time for the pars and every friday and saturday night were always getting bladdered(paraletic) hence the name the pars. Supposedly they played a 3rd division game after just walking out the pub at 8am and won 4-0.

There is a link between Portsmouth and Dunfermline because of ship building up here and the place used to be a great town for a night out. Not now though im afraid!

I will find out other reasons though and post you them.

cheers

!

in order to be helpful to an o/p who seems to lack some experience/formal training and as an example of a helpful post -:

just some of the reasons for an anti-tamper on the external siren as with al other equipment (and why you should bother with them) is to ensure the alarm panel activates and gives 'notice' to the occupants/owner that something is wrong. if the siren or other device is being tampered with on purpse, or has accidentally been knocked by say a window cleaners ladder they know and can often book a call well before the service department closes for the night, so your client will not have to wait for a standby engineer.

quite often, especially when easily accessible the external siren is the 1st point of attack even 'just to see' if the system is working prior to a break-in.

it also helps prevent a criminal from removing the siren during the normal day perhaps dressed as workman for disguise, then returning in the hours of darkness to break in, then knowing only a limited sound if any will be heard from the internal sounder by any passing person or policeman.

you could have a situation on an original intrusion the siren is removed and silenced, a further intrusion by another criminal will not be deterred by the missing siren, and the system will make very little noise when the second intrusion triggers a pir.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived