Security Installer Community

Dvrs

hey guys, i used to install quite a few Dowschu DVRs here in Ireland and have since crossed over to the XRplus which is a fantasic machine.

just wondering have you guys any preferance when it comes to DVRs and are you familiar with the XRplus?

i know most of these machines come from Korea and have only a slight moderation to the software to set them apart but they sure beat standalone for the sheer ease of use, especially when it comes to searching and downloading.

would i be correct in the fact that a pc based DVR can only hold 2 TB of memory max?

hey guys, i used to install quite a few Dowschu DVRs here in Ireland and have since crossed over to the XRplus which is a fantasic machine.

just wondering have you guys any preferance when it comes to DVRs and are you familiar with the XRplus?

i know most of these machines come from Korea and have only a slight moderation to the software to set them apart but they sure beat standalone for the sheer ease of use, especially when it comes to searching and downloading.

would i be correct in the fact that a pc based DVR can only hold 2 TB of memory max?

No have seen 6 TB in a system we installed PC Based

Dowshu are good unit but over priced IMHO

XRPlus made by who? COP?

Where you at in Ireland? did you go to ISEC few weeks ago?

No have seen 6 TB in a system we installed PC Based

Dowshu are good unit but over priced IMHO

XRPlus made by who? COP?

Where you at in Ireland? did you go to ISEC few weeks ago?

Hi guys sorry as said before i am a newbie when it comes to CCTV just trying to get the basic steps going which is a good DVR to use some tips will be great,

Samsung SHR2042P - 4 channel networkable standalaone DVR

Samsung SHR2162P - 16 Channel networkable standalone DVR

Both very easy to use/install and also simple for customers.

We use Aasset Security 0845 2308330 as that are the UK importer and we get very good pricing

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Just started using Samsung Techwins new 1640 DVR. Stunning looking machine, very user friendly and good quality images. Love them. DVR 365 are very good especially for internet monitoring but i have had many customers having trouble using them, their not the most user friendly unit when it comes to playing back ets. Remote is **** too they hardly ever work. Good machine otherwise.

DM is the best i have used and also Dowschu imo is good aswell with their slimeline DVR.

Anythbing below that the vista DVR is good and a lot below that then i have fited the middle range COP DVR but if you are connecting it to domes then there is the engineering programmer to buy for presets and tbh they are useless in the customer support side.

!

• 4 weeks later...

Any one used the DLR-04N from eneo/vt Have used a few 4way and 9 way but looking to remote monitor how good ?? or not ??

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

thought I just posted this ?? we have Installed a few DLR-04/09N from eneo /vidor tech think they are good units and have a job coming up that would like to remote monitor has any one done so with above units ??

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Hi guys.New to the forum.

I used to fit alot of DM's and Dowshu's when i used to work for a big company and found them both very good units. I have since started my own company and have been using the more afordable dvrs on the market. Found the samsung to be quite a decent unit but with no controlled outputs have recently opted for the cop xt range. Quite happy fitting the xt units as they offer good vaue for money but lacking the facility for a keyboard.

Since my recent ifsec outing a feel quite drawn to the new Videcon VMX4 range offering controlled outputs, email and 2-way audio. Shame it's just 100 fps.

Has anyone fitted one of these yet if so how was it for you?

Hi guys.New to the forum.

I used to fit alot of DM's and Dowshu's when i used to work for a big company and found them both very good units. I have since started my own company and have been using the more afordable dvrs on the market. Found the samsung to be quite a decent unit but with no controlled outputs have recently opted for the cop xt range. Quite happy fitting the xt units as they offer good vaue for money but lacking the facility for a keyboard.

Since my recent ifsec outing a feel quite drawn to the new Videcon VMX4 range offering controlled outputs, email and 2-way audio. Shame it's just 100 fps.

Has anyone fitted one of these yet if so how was it for you?

Fitted a 16 way one yesterday. Nice piece of kit. Look just like a VCR. Easy to set up, covert option on cameras, VGA out and the remote client is good with easy step-by-step instructions for the Netgear DG834 router. The best router on the market. Works well with dynamic IP's too. Client software isn't mandatory either on a recieving PC as images can be viewed via simple Internet Explorer via port 80. My only negative comment is that technical support may be a bit overstretched around lunchtime. Return calls coming in at a frustrating 1h 45mins by which time, I'd figured out and corrected my problem.

ACE.gif

Archived