Security Installer Community

Dvrs

hey guys, i used to install quite a few Dowschu DVRs here in Ireland and have since crossed over to the XRplus which is a fantasic machine.

just wondering have you guys any preferance when it comes to DVRs and are you familiar with the XRplus?

i know most of these machines come from Korea and have only a slight moderation to the software to set them apart but they sure beat standalone for the sheer ease of use, especially when it comes to searching and downloading.

would i be correct in the fact that a pc based DVR can only hold 2 TB of memory max?

Hey dude

Im in the same both as you.. Im finding it annoying that there are so many different boxes all very similar. Im wondering about Genie DVR's have been told there OK..!! Who are you using as a supplier in Ireland? Have you seen demo's etc?

Eoghan

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Guest BellMan371
Hey dude

Im in the same both as you.. Im finding it annoying that there are so many different boxes all very similar. Im wondering about Genie DVR's have been told there OK..!! Who are you using as a supplier in Ireland? Have you seen demo's etc?

Eoghan

i use the jpeg2000 dvrs a bit like the smart2 from system q but the ones i fit are silver case and black fronted. very good dvrs and goood value form money even has a keyboard option but not used that facility yet

cheers

colin

i use the jpeg2000 dvrs a bit like the smart2 from system q but the ones i fit are silver case and black fronted. very good dvrs and goood value form money even has a keyboard option but not used that facility yet

cheers

colin

How does the Ganz range rate for small to medium size businesses??????

Fla

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

Guest BellMan371
How does the Ganz range rate for small to medium size businesses??????

Fla

sorry mate havent used em so cant comment.

sorry mate havent used em so cant comment.

Ah no worries, I mean these units are all pc's anyways running free software like linux. If you ripped one up you'd find similar parts inside. Like a lot of things its brand and software that sells. The guts of a Dell and a HP are identical, its not till you know each indivdual part inside you see the difference between a top quality machine and a cheap one. I think from there specs they seem ok, and Im being told by everyone you cant look at just the specs but when its all you can look at Ill have to trust them!!! If it says 8ch, NIC, 500gb all i can presume is that it is all that :)

By the way Ganz are part of Computar, they seem to be ok in the business from what I read!!!

Fla

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

Samsung SHR2042P - 4 channel networkable standalaone DVR

Samsung SHR2162P - 16 Channel networkable standalone DVR

Both very easy to use/install and also simple for customers.

We use Aasset Security 0845 2308330 as that are the UK importer and we get very good pricing

Ah I'm thinking about picking up an SH2082p for my system so am reassured that the Samsung stuff gets the thumbs up. If as easy to use as you say then bonus points! :)

Have heard/seen that the Haydon Touch1600 is sublime: touch screen monitor and DVR in one. Excellent stuff! :D

PS have noted that most of the smilies on the first page are all of the angry ilk. Are security installers generally a miserable bunch? (Ducks) ;):P

Guest BellMan371
No have seen 6 TB in a system we installed PC Based

Dowshu are good unit but over priced IMHO

XRPlus made by who? COP?

Where you at in Ireland? did you go to ISEC few weeks ago?

Please refrain from swearing in the public forums :lol: :lol:

PS have noted that most of the smilies on the first page are all of the angry ilk. Are security installers generally a miserable bunch? (Ducks) ;):P

In hindsight my **** joke is rather premature for a newbie and I can't afford to p*** anybody off on here :cold2:

Nobody's mentioned the Bosch Divar range which seem all the rage on the continent. ANybody use these?

Guest anguscanplay
Ah no worries, I mean these units are all pc's anyways running free software like linux. If you ripped one up you'd find similar parts inside. Like a lot of things its brand and software that sells. The guts of a Dell and a HP are identical, its not till you know each indivdual part inside you see the difference between a top quality machine and a cheap one. I think from there specs they seem ok, and Im being told by everyone you cant look at just the specs but when its all you can look at Ill have to trust them!!! If it says 8ch, NIC, 500gb all i can presume is that it is all that :)

By the way Ganz are part of Computar, they seem to be ok in the business from what I read!!!

Fla

its not a pc now really is it - or at least i havnt found the icon for solitaire on mine yet

Archived