Security Installer Community

Installers In North Wales?

a salesman will tell you what you want to hear,get an engineer to quote you,only he will know how hard easy it will be and how long it will take...ok some salesmen have been engineers,but theres two reasons for that..

My thoughts are the same: "Remember that your the boss, don't let the salesman blind you with science, and ask as many questions as you want. Its a sad fact that most salesmen have never actually installed an alarm system. Has he turned up wearing a 3 piece suit and carrying a briefcase..? The best person to actually quote you for an alarm system has actually been or is currently an installation engineer."

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest anguscanplay
i could do it second week in april

joking apart we would always advise to get a minimum of three quotes preferably from one of the companies on the register of the nsi ot the ssaib but remember some of the best installers belong to neither scheme

dont be tempted to get prices over the phone just because the house is already wired up get the surveyor or owner or even better the engineer to call to give you the qoute make them a cup of tea and ask them any questions ( not just the inst but who covers the callouts / exactly what would be chargable in the future etc )then choose the firm/person you feel most happy with they will be working in your house and it should be the start of a long term business relationship

if you are totally new to the district and really dont know anyone have a look around - is there one firm seam to do all the jobs in that area - is there a local firm in the village/town often the best firms dont advertise anywhere including nsi gold companies! have a look at the local village hall ,school or church who does there security its all indicators finally ring a local security guard firm and ask who they have least problems with

ultimatly its down to feeling and price

Guest anguscanplay

as an installer and a salesman i think you shouldnt worry too much - i understand you have a new house prewired and ready to go - these are a dream to work on go with your gut feeling and dont expect to pay too much the running of the cable is the longest part of an install i would be charging you maybe a third of the normal price and would expect to be there for only half a day max ( unless the builders have damaged every cable (in which case the job would need to be repriced ))

sorry about that it bears no relation to the advise you have been getting he probably once bought a kirby vacuum cleaner

sorry about what son..you know im right..not reading from an engineer manual thinking im top dog etc etc..

My thoughts are the same: "Remember that your the boss, don't let the salesman blind you with science, and ask as many questions as you want. Its a sad fact that most salesmen have never actually installed an alarm system. Has he turned up wearing a 3 piece suit and carrying a briefcase..? The best person to actually quote you for an alarm system has actually been or is currently an installation engineer."

that man speaks volumes...

sorry about what son..you know im right..not reading from an engineer manual thinking im top dog etc etc..

that man speaks volumes...

If engineers are always right, how come there are topics on here where countless incorrect replies are posted by engineers - and i don't mean answers that are alternatives to a correct reply, i mean answers that are plain wrong.

May i ask what size and type (National, local etc) of company you work for or own??

May i ask what size and type (National, local etc) of company you work for or own??

i wouldnt be on here if i owned one..but it a bigun(ohh'er missus)and engineers are the most important and the most correct people in an alarm co' of course we get things wrong now and again but thats human nature,but plain wrong thats just a bad engineer..

Guest anguscanplay
coz id be in my villa in the med supping the finest wine and cuban cigars...instead ive got a can of skol and a lambert...(national of course) a local and id be on here.. :whistle::roflmao:

takes skill, experience and a lot of hard work to get that villa most staff want the rewards but dont want to make the effort

stewymac ---- never knowingly given a compilment

just so you know i have an nsi gold ( first regognised in 1992) firm been in the business since 1977 redcare classify us as a large business and im self employed

do redcare classify business's? why would you be self employed with a large business,it doesnt make financial scence,whats the company then...

takes skill, experience and a lot of hard work to get that villa most staff want the rewards but dont want to make the effort

i dont like the heat anyway..but i do ok on paye...

Archived