Security Installer Community

Installers In North Wales?

Hi there.

I have just bought a new house on Anglesey, and I'm looking to buy an intruder alarm for it.

As I can't see any installers on this forum for that area, should I just have a look in the Yellow Pages under Burglar Alarms, and look for installers with the NSI NACOSS GOLD approval?

It's a newly built 3 bedroom house, and there are cables installed for 4 PIRs and 1 door contact. (might expand on that if need be)

I don't want to be tied to a contract, so I'm looking for bell only with a dialler of some description. Any tips what to go for or avoid would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :signthankspin:

I don't want to be tied to a contract, so I'm looking for bell only with a dialler of some description

I assume your insurance requires a NSI cert? if so they will require a you have service contract

I assume your insurance requires a NSI cert? if so they will require a you have service contract

Ummm, I'll have to call them in the morning. But we already have an insurance, and there's no mention of any alarm on that.

Hi there.

I have just bought a new house on Anglesey, and I'm looking to buy an intruder alarm for it.

As I can't see any installers on this forum for that area, should I just have a look in the Yellow Pages under Burglar Alarms, and look for installers with the NSI NACOSS GOLD approval?

It's a newly built 3 bedroom house, and there are cables installed for 4 PIRs and 1 door contact. (might expand on that if need be)

I don't want to be tied to a contract, so I'm looking for bell only with a dialler of some description. Any tips what to go for or avoid would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :signthankspin:

Hi punce and welcome to the forum...i guess you need a NSI registered company??..as SSAIB are as good...but whatever you go for get at least 3 quotes before making a decsion,as you don't want a contract the only option that is available on the dialler front is a speech dialler.As for trawling through yellow pages it is a good place to start but the best is through recommendation...friends ,relatives,neighbour etc

hope this helps

Guest rjbsec

Looks like the nearest SSAIB Approved Company:-

Beta Security Systems

Unit 10a

Llandygai Industrial Estate

Llandygai

Bangor

Gwynedd

LL57 4YH

01248 364 967

yes but he's asked for 1 nsi gold

can't you do this col?

Sentry Security Services (Cymru)

R Williams

4 Church Drive, Rhos On Sea

COLWYN BAY

LL28 4LL

Telephone 01492 545090

Fax 01492 546068

NACOSS Gold

but the ssaib is a lbit ittle nearer

hi guys

can we just cool it a bit as it's fast approaching bickering over badges, so not very helpful is it?

please remember the op can choose which ever inspected company he cares to, his system is not required for insurance purposes so not need even to insist on gold and use sliver who may be cheaper. he can even choose a good no-registered company based i'd hope on a personal recommendation or a forum member.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

personal recommendation or a forum member.
I've always wondered how this works, see without actually seeing the workmanship, processes etc how can members recommend someone? I personally would never offer a recommendation based on 'knowing' someone.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Baller security Gaerwen

Scanner Security Brynteg

4C security Benllech area

Sentry Security Rhos on Sea

All in Yellow Pages, All good reliable firms

Fire Member

Thanks everyone!

I've just called my insurance company and they're not bothered whether I have an alarm or not, and it wouldn't affect my payments if I do get one either.

So that means I can go for whatever I wish. So I think I'll stick with the non-contract route with a speech dialler.

I really don't have a clue what the difference between an NSI or a SSAIB is. I just want to make sure I get a very experienced installer who can give sound advice and supply a good system.

It's a fresh new house and there is cabling already installed for 4 PIRs, a sounder, a keypad, 1 door contact and a bell box by the looks of it. Any extra devices would need a tidy job for any extra cabling (dot n dab plasterboard).

Does this append to my choices?

tia

Archived