Security Installer Community

Texecom V8 Tamper Alarm Caused By Lights

daves

From my days fitting alarms my understanding was;

1- At best the panel should go back to the fuse board on its dedicated breaker finally terminating with a fused spur feeding the panel. (like a fire alarm)

2- At

System Q Ltd.

Guest anguscanplay

1- At best the panel should go back to the fuse board on its dedicated breaker finally terminating with a fused spur feeding the panel. (like a fire alarm)

2- At

2- At

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi Paul,

as you say

1. is always preferred, usally available in nwer builds or panel in intake cupboard

2. normally hpappnes when panel on 1st floor

3. i thought the same, but every sparks i have ever spoke to about this has not seen it as an issue. apperently they fit mians clocks and shaver sockest to lighting ciruits, also if you concider lv lighting and toilet fans.

this system (i assume) is not under any ispectorate or contract not to say these guidlines should be ignored, but again the term is as i remmember it "a sutable unswitched fused mains outlet installed by a comepant or qualified person/electrician" (unless they changed it on me :realmad: ).

i'm sure James or Roger will be along in a jif to sort me out ;)

regs

alan

Hi Alan.

I didn

System Q Ltd.

Guest anguscanplay

always said during quote or install when asked where the mains would be connected that i could get my alarm cable anywhere water could go and you would have no idea i had been in the house (and we are that good) but the hardest cable to run was the mains so standard install hadncontrol in the towel cupboard mains from the roof as long as an earth there. always tried to find the first point fed from fuse board but then they introduced loop in boxes and knocked an hour of the install.

could be time for a warning from one off the moderators about the need to be competant though

3- But NEVER connect it to a lighting circuit.

Paul.

please enlighten me as to why 'never'. is there a reg against this?, if so please state which one. please note i always connect to a ring main or return back to the box when ever possible, but have seen many alarms connected to a lighting circuit, partically in the attic. i am just querius now.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I think its because of FAs of fluorescent lighting and if a lamp blows as your leaving tripping the mcb your on battery.

I did one last week and took me ages to connect into ring, would have took minutes to connect to lighting circuit.

Whats the SSAIB view on this.

Ive seen loads connected to lighting circuits with no probs.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

please enlighten me as to why 'never'. is there a reg against this?, if so please state which one. please note i always connect to a ring main or return back to the box when ever possible, but have seen many alarms connected to a lighting circuit, partically in the attic. i am just querius now.

This was my understanding of the Electricity regs at the time I used to fit alarms.

If this is incorrect my apologies!

My reply is based around the

System Q Ltd.

Not in the slightest, You could connect a cooker to it if you wanted.

... and then the mcb would trip protecting the circuit as it should.

There is no reason not to fit a fused spur to any circuit.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived