Security Installer Community

Texecom V8 Tamper Alarm Caused By Lights

daves

Guest anguscanplay

not prohibited by 16th edition regs

have found many times that my carefully fitted spur has been comendered by the customer for every thing from loft light upstairs to powr supply for tumble dryer downstairs have several times seen diy installs with alarm/outside light/shaver socket connected in 1mm flex to the shower feed

always passed nsi inspection as long as 16th reg,minor works cert etc

Not in the slightest, You could connect a cooker to it if you wanted.

... and then the mcb would trip protecting the circuit as it should.

There is no reason not to fit a fused spur to any circuit.

I don't agree with that I will have to read up on the regs to check.

Just because the regs may not specifically say you can't do something doesn't imply that you can.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

i've ordered a new battery today - looks easy enough to swap over (biggest problem as arfur mo said is the thing falling on your toes).

i'll let you know what happens - but due to nature of the problem could be a while before i'm confident it has been fixed.

seem to have opened a can of worms with lighting circuit - general consensus seems to be if battery swap doesn't fix it , have the electirician come

back & swap it onto a ring main - i wouldn't attempt this anyway.

No takers on a faultly circuit board - i have noticed these are available as single unit rather than replacing the whole box - again a job for someone else - (installer)

and last option if 1 & 2 don't fix it

thanks

Dave

Guest anguscanplay
There is no reason not to fit a fused spur to any circuit.

noooo never could be true

diffrent curciuits have different regs so you cannot connect a second curcuit to some but you can to others

closed ring and radial curcuits then you first have to check that the fused protective device is rated for the additional load been applied suitably earthed etc

lets have another moderator warning about the danger of 240v ac

noooo never could be true

diffrent curciuits have different regs so you cannot connect a second curcuit to some but you can to others

closed ring and radial curcuits then you first have to check that the fused protective device is rated for the additional load been applied suitably earthed etc

lets have another moderator warning about the danger of 240v ac

hi anguscanplay

you wish is my command (from my post 3#)

Hi Dave,

please be careful of working with mains voltages, if your not sure or competant just don't touch and get someone in who is.

and from my post 10#

there are filters available from maplins and rs components, but as these are directly connected to potntially lethal mains voltage's you need a competant engineer to instal it for your own safety.

nice to see your on the ball though :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i though the fused connection unit was to protect the wire that was carrying the load to the device,not the panel itself. it has its own fuse in the line does it not :whistle:

surely you cannot be held responsible, if sombody else comes in and connects to your fused spur for their own purpose. last man in becomes responsible for the whole circuit, hence you issue a minor works to say you take responsibility for the whole circuit, first having done the relevant safety checks. :whistle: is this not the case?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

in my eyes part p should have been like corgi is to gas - if you cant certify you dont touch

just curious how far would you go with this, should evrybody be qualified to 17th eddition, to fit a fused connection unit on an alarm panel

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay

yep not a problem if i worked in the car industry and wanted to mot cars i would need a cert too

whilst ever we fit without liscense then so cant pull joe public over there installs

Guest anguscanplay

remember a few years back when they said plumbers would have to be individualy ticketed not just the firm and everyone laughed and said it wouldnt happen i know the one man who set up the only training centre in the country and had 18 months jump on the rest of the trade

Archived