Security Installer Community

Texecom V8 Tamper Alarm Caused By Lights

daves

Guest anguscanplay

yeah i know just get fed up seeing sockets in kids bedrooms conected to shower feeds etc

gas is safe if you get it wrong you can smell it

going to paint the little ones bedroom that cant be dangerous can it?

If you want to fit a fcu to ring main or radial lighting circuit, then you could no problems.

Now if that over loads the mcb thats a different problem which should have been taken into account.

Not getting drawn into tit for tat posts but for arguments sake connecting an alarm panel into a ring main is not going to cause a problem and it would just about never cause a problem on lighting circuit unless a home owner added lots of fancy or shandalier lighting so the circuit was operating at max.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Have you noticed that in loads of new houses, they are connection the TV aerial booster to the lighting circuit. ... Now that is idle. They could get to a power circuit with ease at that stage.

Yes but they use little power possibly the same as a lamp. Providing the circuit has been designed ok its fine.

Take a domestic 6 amp mcb with 1.5mm in loft to allow for 50% cable derating for going under insulation and totaling up fittings not to exceed design limit. You get about 14 lamps but obviously things vary and the designer takes different things into account.

NOT TRYING TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO SUCK EGGS OR WHATEVER THE SAYING IS :) i shouted it quietly :P

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

yep not a problem if i worked in the car industry and wanted to mot cars i would need a cert too

whilst ever we fit without liscense then so cant pull joe public over there installs

but you can do mobile repairs and all you need is a van and a few spanners - no certs no quals, i'm now off to go do some brakes on a 40 tonner for a bit of cash in hand :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

But gas is a special case isn't it. Anyone wrorking on any part of a gas supply system needs to be fuuly competant.

But with electric, working on a dis board needs high skills, but anyone with reasonable understanding of electric and able to use tools can be expected to replace a light switch without risking lives.

So I can't see electrics getting the corgi treatment for a long time... if ever.

gas is treated with righteous caution, yet you can smell it. electric is treated as 'mundane' yet you can't see or smell it. a car is common on our roads and kills most of all, but you can buy vital bits in halfords and fit yourself.

go figure?

regs

alan

yeah i know just get fed up seeing sockets in kids bedrooms conected to shower feeds etc

gas is safe if you get it wrong you can smell it

going to paint the little ones bedroom that cant be dangerous can it?

just don't paint out the gas boiler ;)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay

best solution now no longer available to most of us part p req

point is if we have been having this conversation public should never go into the 240v ac side of an install

i was always taught to put the intruder alarm and any cctv on its own circuit on the none rcd sde of the board if poss as this stops the power been lost if connected to lighting and sockets.

cheers cjt

i can't knock the theory colin,

but this idea also offers less protection to your doughnutt 'in love' engineer as well as the client who decides to swap a battery themselves.

regs

alan

best solution now no longer available to most of us part p req

point is if we have been having this conversation public should never go into the 240v ac side of an install

as refered to in my pos 3# plus others

regs

alan

Archived