Security Installer Community

Gardtec 370 - A Few Questions

Hi, I've got a Gardtec 370 system installed but although I've got a copy of the User Guide, it's a bit thin on info, so I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions for me. I apologise in advance for the lengthy questions and the naivety of some of them.

I had a Gardtec 370 system installed a few years ago. The company that installed the system packed it in around a year later, so it's never been serviced and I have had no maintenance arrangement since. The system has operated fine, until recently there was a major power cut in my area and the system presumably went to battery backup as after 2-3 hours the display changed from 'PC' to Fb' and then the internal alarm sounded. When the 'Fb' error got displayed, I managed to 'UN' the system and luckily shortly after the mains power came back. The questions I've got on this are :

Should I have gone through the sequence to 'UN' the system when 'PC' was displayed or do I have to wait until it goes to 'Fb' before doing this?

How long would the 'Fb' message usually be displayed for before the battery finally dies altogether?

If the battery runs down completely before the mains power has been restored, would this trigger the external alarm? I assume I could turn it off by entering the master code in this case.

Someone has since told me that 'Bf' probably means that I need to replace the battery - it hasn't been replaced since the system was first installed. I assume this should be a straightforward job, but thought I'd better ask a few questions before deciding whether to do it myself. When I open the main control box cover, will this trip the internal sounder, the external alarm or both? I assume that once I remove the old battery to replace it, this will trip the system for sure. Would I be able to stop the sounder / alarm in either case by going through the usual sequence to 'UN' the system or is this only possible by using the engineering code?

I think I might have the engineering code for my system, from some old notes when the system was originally installed, but I'm not sure. I'd like to use it to check the alarm time and the no. of rearms and adjust them if necessary as I don't know what the original installers programmed into the system, but before I do, can someone tell me what happens if I enter the code and it's wrong? E.g. will the system lockout or worse still trigger the alarm and lockout the system, etc. or can I just get the system back to UN' by going through the usual sequence with the master code or by entering some other code sequence?

Finally, can anyone suggest a good company in Essex area that would be prepared to take on support/maintenance of the system once the battery replacement has been sorted

My thanks in advance if anyone can help. My apologies if I've inadvertently breached the site rules if my questions are too specific, in which case I understand if my questions cannot be aired.

If your going to get someone in service the system your best leaving it to them to change the battery. For saftey reasons. Its highly unlike you will have the engineer code on the paper work you have, and once you take the cover off the main unit the alarm will go into tamper mode and depending on the setting if you take the cover off you may not be able to use the alarm till you get the engineer code. It sounds to me the battery may be ok for now but i would recommend you get a good reconised installer in to give it a good service and they will be able to change any parameters that you wish to change hope this helps.

arthur mo is in essex and he is a gardtec fan. give him a pm, i am sure he will return the call

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

BASS/kka, your advice / replies are appreciated. I had contacted one company after the power cut about taking on support and they were very expensive, that's why I was thinking about changing the battery myself if it was going to be a straightforward job, as that would buy me time to get 2 or 3 quotes. However I'll bow to your better judgement - kka, how do I get in touch with arthur mo - I don't know what pm means in your note?

pm means, personnel message. it is sent direct to the recipent. lurch has shown you where to go :) . arthur mo is usually around later on

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

wasnt the 350 a tiny thing and as such only could take a 2.1 max regardless of the power demand

Yes it was, but the 370 also came in a Metal guise which was capable of housing a 7Ah.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Yes it was, but the 370 also came in a Metal guise which was capable of housing a 7Ah.

to be totally accurate the 370 also came in a plasic case, the same slopd shape as the G590 and took the 7amp battery.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived