Security Installer Community

Auto Iris Lens Control

sonycamera

so thats a google spec you dont know thats for that camera. Are you sure its black and white? do you have it connected to a colour or black and white monitor or your tv?

Its connected to a spare pc in my loft recording 24hrs a day onto a 120g hd..

Sorry Jason what does "mole the 2 together" mean

jason told me to say he meant 'move' and apologises for the typo and passes on the following

"at least he only did it once lol

welll if its vista id expect it to work with 715-730nm ir. You say you can see it like a red traffic light?

if so id do as above and check the cam can see the ir first then take it from there, btw what range are you expecting from the ir lamp and cam combo?"

well googled roger!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

everything appears to be working ok other than the fact that the area that I want to illuminate is about 5 metre away does not light up at all.

All of the LEDS are on and show a dim red glow.

Are you expecting to see the illumination with your own eye's..?

If so you will not see it as the human eye cannot see IR light at these frequencies.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

'assuming' you looking through the camera then whats the freq of the ir lamp, if its really dull they mayu be 830 or higher and usually need special ir sensitive cams. but i would have thought if you can see it its 700 ish. Id still see if the cam can see the lamp

CAMERASPEC.rtf

Thats a point WHO?????? is jason

SORRY CHAPS,, You need to know that I am 64 years young with poor eyesight, probably a little senile but then again lifes a bitch and then you die.

Apologies jameswilson apologies everyone else who I might have annoyed with my ignorance of this complicated business. Maybe I should have gone to the professionals, sorry but I cant afford to do that on my miserable pension, so I try to do the best I can, and just trying to stop the yobs damaging my property and frightening my missus to death.

No I dont expect to see light projected from an infrared illuminator.

The 140 LED light I have has a very low red glow and I can only just see it so I assume the lamp is working ok.

When you say look through the camera can you see the infrared, what do you mean please.

The camera may be a Vista but the spec posted by rjbsec is not exactly the same I have tried to attached the spec which came with the camera for you to have a look at.

I know it must be frustrating for you clever blokes out there who work for a living doing this sort of job but understanding technical things to try is really difficult. I need a helping hand out my friends but please be gentle with this miserable old git.. Spell things out to me in words of one sylable please.

I am capable of carrying out loads of things myself even with a bit of arthritis.. I have tried to attach, if it hasn't worked please let me know your email address and I will send it that way,,, thanks boys.

No I dont expect to see light projected from an infrared illuminator.

The 140 LED light I have has a very low red glow and I can only just see it so I assume the lamp is working ok.

Sorry but I had to ask..
When you say look through the camera can you see the infrared, what do you mean please.
He means that at night with the camera on, if you turn of the IR led light does it make any difference to the viewed image.?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Thats an easy one to answer I dont see a thing just black

I can see hardly anything at all with or without the inrared on.

When I replace the bulb in the Dennard the evrything will be fine although the Dennard wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

If I use a 300watt halogen its not bad either but too expensive to run.

dennard? you have a dennard ir? 50watt?

i was looking ideally for you to point the camera at the light output side of the ir, you should see a 'flare' ie a big bright light. If you do great, if you dont then your cam cant see the freq of light coming from that led emitter

Hope that clears it up, and im not offended in anyway about be called jason mate, dont worry about it at all, i was only being funny

Archived