Security Installer Community

Auto Iris Lens Control

sonycamera

lol, I was about to suggest that!

Adjust the level pot on the back of the camera, not the lens itself.

Well chaps,, I adjusted the pot on the back of the camera , also switched the 2 dip switches to off but unfrotunately it didn't make any difference.

Is it really a case that I am not going to be able to use the 140LED lamp.. if so what alternatives do I have to be able to set up a suitable camera with decent quality night ability.. Could you give me some idea of equipment and cost fo what I should be looking for and where I could get it..

Thank you

Well chaps,, I adjusted the pot on the back of the camera , also switched the 2 dip switches to off but unfrotunately it didn't make any difference.

Is it really a case that I am not going to be able to use the 140LED lamp.. if so what alternatives do I have to be able to set up a suitable camera with decent quality night ability.. Could you give me some idea of equipment and cost fo what I should be looking for and where I could get it..

Thank you

Gents I have found one more bit of paper that came with the camera it says Switchable Auto Iris lens Control and Back Light Control.

Looking at the pictures I posted of the camera does it show anywhere where I can switch the auto iris off and what is the back light control

blc is one of your switched

do not switch off (you cant anyway) your ai you need that for it to work outside.

I made the comment about adjusting with your dennard ir, I doubt you will get your led to work, what a bargain lol as the freq is too high for your bottom end cam. You really dont want to know how much a proper cam is to work with your ir emitter mate!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

blc is one of your switched

do not switch off (you cant anyway) your ai you need that for it to work outside.

I made the comment about adjusting with your dennard ir, I doubt you will get your led to work, what a bargain lol as the freq is too high for your bottom end cam. You really dont want to know how much a proper cam is to work with your ir emitter mate!

Well jameswilson after fighting my way through my garage I have found the instructions that came with the LED lamp and as expected you lead me gently down the route to discovery.

The lamp states clearly "the camera shall be sensitive to 850nm" its a pity the guy I bought it from forgot to mention it may not be suitable.Taking your comments into account my camera is obviously unsuitable to accomodate this level of lamp. The Dennard is Medium 715nM filter and although not brilliant is perhaps more suitable.

I want to thank all of you very much and for the time being this will be my last posting ,

Well jameswilson after fighting my way through my garage I have found the instructions that came with the LED lamp and as expected you lead me gently down the route to discovery.

The lamp states clearly "the camera shall be sensitive to 850nm" its a pity the guy I bought it from forgot to mention it may not be suitable.Taking your comments into account my camera is obviously unsuitable to accomodate this level of lamp. The Dennard is Medium 715nM filter and although not brilliant is perhaps more suitable.

I want to thank all of you very much and for the time being this will be my last posting ,

Well gents I lied,, can I beg one more bit of advise please, when looking at different cameras and descriptions I can't see anything referring to 850nm,, so how do I know which camera would work with my infrared 850nm LED LAMP. THANKS

First of all can I wish everyone a very happy new year.

Now that cheesy business is out of the way, I would be really grateful for a little help.

I have a VS-765 Camera which has a 1/3" SONY HI RESO SUPER HAD CCD,,630 TV LINE, 0.01 LUX/F1.4. sited outdoors.

I have installed an 140 LED Infrared lamp about 3" /4 " inches alongside the camera, everything appears to be working ok other than the fact that the area that I want to illuminate is about 5 metre away does not light up at all.

All of the LEDS are on and show a dim red glow.

On reading the installations on the infrared it talks aboutmaking sure that the please accurately adjust the DC/VIDEO driverautomatic control level to match the illuminator. iI am acompltet novis at this and haven't got a clue what it means. I have checked the camerasDC/VIDEO switch which is set to DC, could anyone please advise what I can do. I have also got dennard 880n50 installed under the camera, this works ok and lights the area up a bit but not brilliantly , the bulb failed today and I need to get a replacement .. Thank you for reading this plea.

Okay, let's assume you've got everything set correctly. Have you tested your scene "reflectivity"? - I/R, although a tremendous plus, depends heavily on scene reflectivity. An example would be this; Let's say we're using and i/r cam over a parking lot full of cars. No extrenious lighting. Let's also say your target zone is 40 feet away. You set up your illuminator and check your pic and it's perfect! Yea!! Now with out changing a thing on the video side, one day the cars are moved out and in their place is a single bail of hay. Your camera settings haven't changed. Just the scene. Now, no matter how high you adjust your I/R, you pic is ****. Also, something to consider. If you have any ambient light from outside source it was the I/R way as far as the camera knows. Also, if your I/R is behind glass, it could be reflecting right back and letting the camera see it at all. hope this helps, - Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Did you check if your camera has an infrared cutting filter ?

Some cameras, especially color cameras, have an IR filter.

If you look at the sensor directly, lens removed, is it light blue ? IR filters are generally light blue.

I think your problem has nothing to do with the autoris if the image luminosity is correct at day time.

uski

Archived