Security Installer Community

Auto Iris Lens Control

sonycamera

First of all can I wish everyone a very happy new year.

Now that cheesy business is out of the way, I would be really grateful for a little help.

I have a VS-765 Camera which has a 1/3" SONY HI RESO SUPER HAD CCD,,630 TV LINE, 0.01 LUX/F1.4. sited outdoors.

I have installed an 140 LED Infrared lamp about 3" /4 " inches alongside the camera, everything appears to be working ok other than the fact that the area that I want to illuminate is about 5 metre away does not light up at all.

All of the LEDS are on and show a dim red glow.

On reading the installations on the infrared it talks aboutmaking sure that the please accurately adjust the DC/VIDEO driverautomatic control level to match the illuminator. iI am acompltet novis at this and haven't got a clue what it means. I have checked the camerasDC/VIDEO switch which is set to DC, could anyone please advise what I can do. I have also got dennard 880n50 installed under the camera, this works ok and lights the area up a bit but not brilliantly , the bulb failed today and I need to get a replacement .. Thank you for reading this plea.

this vs-765 what is it, i dont mean does it have a sony chip in it cos it might also have pirelli cable but whats the make of the cam? ANd is it a psuedo day night/colour or black and white (i assume it=s b&w but god knows how they get 630 tvl out of a system only caperble of 625 lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

this vs-765 what is it, i dont mean does it have a sony chip in it cos it might also have pirelli cable but whats the make of the cam? ANd is it a psuedo day night/colour or black and white (i assume it=s b&w but god knows how they get 630 tvl out of a system only caperble of 625 lol

ok then can you put you cam so it can see the output of the lamp and see if the cam can see it. Im guessing theres an ir cut filter somewhere. If you adjust you pek-average (if you have on) then it will cause you problems in day light

Thanks James CHRIST that was quick, I dont know the brand I bought it new from an ex alarm engineer who started up on his own after working for a national security installation company. He is a genuine bloke as I went to his house to collect it, the camera has a brilliant picture during the day and this is the first time I have tried to use the Infrared Led lamp.

ok then can you put you cam so it can see the output of the lamp and see if the cam can see it. Im guessing theres an ir cut filter somewhere. If you adjust you pek-average (if you have on) then it will cause you problems in day light

I can have a go at that tomorrow Jason as the camera is about 10foot up on the wall,, what do I do with the camera to see if it can see the lamp?? I bet you think I am a right thickie

I can have a go at that tomorrow Jason as the camera is about 10foot up on the wall,, what do I do with the camera to see if it can see the lamp?? I bet you think I am a right thickie

sorry Jason it is a B/W

not at all cheers jason good advise

if you mole the two of them and it looks like a torch (might need to be dark) then great if you see nothing then......

if its black and white then it should

does it have any branding anywhere on it, ie sony, panasonic, bosch etc

not at all cheers jason good advise

if you mole the two of them and it looks like a torch (might need to be dark) then great if you see nothing then......

if its black and white then it should

does it have any branding anywhere on it, ie sony, panasonic, bosch etc

No branding on it Jason just model VS-765, I did a search on Google putting that number in to try and identify it.

It did come up with the specification for the model but not a brand name

Archived