Security Installer Community

Proffesional Install ?

dommer

Hi.

Yes they are approved, and Yes it is an monitoring company. And Yes, **** system on a Pharmacy full of Methodone etc.

These bad installers must get away with it because most of their customers don't know any better. They ask for a quote for a decent alarm pay decent money and asume they have a decent system.

cheers, Dom.

I must admit, if the above is true, Im in shock as to how poor some companies are run.

Well you say that, there was a very large company(i wont mention their name)they started off in woolwich and i have got to say some of their installs were shocking and their ARC were even worse and they were NACOSS approved :rolleyes:

I have a couple of pharmacies as clients and they are checked to ensure that the alarm system and cctv system follow certain criteria i have had to re-wire a cctv system as they faced closure.

I also cannot understand any approved company not covering the 4 hour callout unless its not on maintenance.

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

I also cannot understand any approved company not covering the 4 hour callout unless its not on maintenance.
They probably spoke to the on call engineer, in which case this needs raising as an issue with his manager as it is unacceptable, think of the possible repercussions!!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Just a quick question for the boys... how many would charge in this scenerio if you were attending site to fix a problem with faulty equipment that is under guarentee but requires the alarm to be switched on for their insurance; even if it meant attending at say 4am on a Sunday?! Could you charge them legally if they required immediate response? We dont because its not the customers fault but was just wondering?!?!

Trade Member

It all depends on what is causing the activation, if its due to the helium balloons and xmas decs that they have already been told to remove then Yes, charge them.

If its a spider or dodgy connection or faulty equipment, No.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Would we charge for attending to a faulty system under warranty? No.
QFA
If its a spider or dodgy connection or faulty equipment, No.
Spiders are beyond your control!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

All seems very poor service to me, 4 hours response is the min requirement, not the standard many offer.

99% of our call outs have an engineer on site within 2 hours.

Hi.

For anyone interested in this thread, the company is NACOSS GOLD and states on their websire 24 Hour call-out 365 say a year. Although they have still not bothered to come back to look at the alarm. Should get out tomorrow. Maybe it's the owners fault for not demanding a better service, but should that be needed ?

Archived