Security Installer Community

Proffesional Install ?

dommer

Thanks for the replies.

Just a note to say the installer has been notified and is coming out to sort the problem when they are back at work. Omitting the Zone was the best thing to do at the time I think. My mums boss and owner of the shop said not to bother setting at all because she didn't want my mum to be going backwards and forwards all night. Better a part set system than not at all.

Secondly the store contains nothing valuble, and the insurance company have already stated they won't cover the contents. It is not really used, and as I said has no other doors or windows. It can't be passed without passing another sensor.

Happy New Year, Dom.

This quote speaks volumes "the insurance company have already stated they won't cover the contents" For a monitored system as well installed by an NSI Company & its a Pharmacy I would of thought Insurance was a must.

Adrian Baker

Securi-Guard Limited.

This quote speaks volumes "the insurance company have already stated they won't cover the contents" For a monitored system as well installed by an NSI Company & its a Pharmacy I would of thought Insurance was a must.

Adrian Baker

Securi-Guard Limited.

And if i remeber correctley to keep your pharamist license(you need a license to open a pharmacy) you need a professionally installed system and it needs servicing as well :beer:

if the above is 100% accurate id complain to the comapny first if no satisfaction then id report them to nsi, assuming the above is 100% accurate

(it wasnt us was it?) lol

Nothing to do with me either...i am with james....complain(lol) :whistle:

"My mum works in a small local pharmacy that opened a few months ago. She lives nearby and so is the first on the list to attend an alarm call."

"My mums boss and owner of the shop said not to bother setting at all because she didn't want my mum to be going backwards and forwards all night."

- Right or wrong, end of story, she is a nominated (lumbered - lives nearby) Key Holder, not the owner. The owner said 'not to bother ....', it's not her responsibility, she's just the Key Holder doing what her employer has told her to do.

Don't forget, she is only an employee in 'a small local pharmacy', can't complain too loudly

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

but I managed to figure out how to disable the problem Zone, this was confirmed when the owner dialled in to check it had been omitted and alarm set properly.

Just a note... disabling/omiting a zone is enough for any insurance company not covering in case of a break-in!

correct jtp that why we disable zone omit by default on all signalling systems.

"zone omitable" cames disabled by factory default and we don't enable it, system being signalled or not. there is exceptions where we have to enable some zones to be omitable and program the panel in order to not set if zones are omited.

Hi guys. Another update.

The owner can't dial in to check the status of the alarm, that was a typing mistake. I meant the alarm company dialled in. The installers definatly left no manual, this I know for a fact. After another chasing call today, they say they are coming out tomorrow. The company is in Bedford, less than an hour away.

I have given 100% correct information, and I am sure I do have all the information/facts. Although some of this seems hard to belive I think it shows, there are some very dodgy installers out there.

Guest rjbsec
Well if you statements are correct then your mothers boss should complain to NSI they will investigate the matter. It is important that a complaint is made for several reasons, not forgetting it will also help those approved companies that provide a good service.

If the company concerned is not able to provide decent service, then they should not be approved.

Pete

QFA - sounds a bizarre set of circumstances with the time elapsed now.

correct jtp that why we disable zone omit by default on all signalling systems.

hi James,

i'm curious here, if you have signalling then you have a facility for it to be signalled when omit function is used and so be informed of a problem. if a client is happy to disable a less inportant zone rather than perhaps wait for a service engineer into the early hours and have to pay staff to stay and the out of hours call out fee or worse not set the system at all surely allowing omitting is a lesser of evils? obviously not allowing omiting on the sensative area's like the drugs cabinet. this omit could be temporay until an engineer is available allowing the key holder to leave the premmises with other staff (as they normally do).

this keyholder is female, and left alone in a drugs store at night with obvious risk from personal attack by an opertinist drug addict, you need to think this wrisk through better rather than having a blanket policy imo.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived