Security Installer Community

Geoff Gardiner, Founder Of Gardiner Group

motco

Some of the longer standing members of the security business might be interested to know that Geoff Gardiner, one of the industry's more colourful characters, and founder of the Rochdale Fire & Security, Gardiner Group, and of Gardiner Technology, died yesterday at home in Rochdale.

I used to know Geoff when he started out delivering from the back of a transit van, I've still got a number of "Rochdale Fire & Security" control panel and associated equipment manuals, I'm a sad person, I don't through anything away.

Geoff was one of the most agreeable 'delivery men' that I ever had dealings with, always good for a laugh and a joke, a trait sadly lacking in many today.

My sympathies go out to his family and friends,

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 2 years later...

Folks,

I'm sorry that this is 2 years late but i have just found out from a friend in casual conversation the dear old Geoff has passed away, that spurred me to look online and i have found this forum, I have read the messages here and could not resist registering to give you my view that Geoff was NOT the saint that you are all painting him to be!

I worked at Gardiner Security, Gardiner Plastics & Gardiner Technology, My credentials are sound.

Speaking from experience he ran his businesses on fear, he was a xxxxxx, xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx(check the press, released on appeal), in my personal opinion he was one of the worst people that i have ever known, period!

He acted like a 19th century Mill owner and expected his staff to act the same.

In short, he was a //.B.W.F.//.

Francis O'Brien

I'm aware that he wasn't a saint ..... but the fact remains that I got on well with him.

What he was like with others is no concern of mine .... but thanks for coming on here to blacken his name.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived