Security Installer Community

Odyssey Sab

Guest therealpheonix

Guest therealpheonix

hi again guy's.... my sab has been fine up to now (few week's) the system set's and unset's fine but the sab strobe is flashing about once every ten seconds....this is constant....what would the problem be?......everything seems to be doing what its supposed to ....ie .. i can set it when i leave and unset it when i come home...my neighbour say's no alarm goe's off when im out and i have tested the sounder , it's fine......is the sab faulty...thanks in advance...marty

Possible that its faulty - but it has never happened on one I have fitted (and I've fitted a few). More likely is that there is a cable fault / misconnection or programming error.

Disconnect the wire which you have connected to the S terminal (probably easiest at the panel end at first) If it stops the strobe, you have a programming or connection fault at the panel. If it carries on, discon at the bell end, and press in your tamper switches. If it carries on you have a faulty bell, if not, a cable fault.

Good luck.

D7

There was a time when we had several texecom bells do this, but we haven't had the problem for a year or 2... but my money is on a faulty bell.

Paul

Could be the strobe output could be programmed wrong/connected incorrectly?????

Guest Alarm Guard
just guessing dont use either. Isnt there something on these things where pulsing the bell does something to the batt link?

It's not that, James...... As I said probably faulty

Disconnect the strobe trigger at the panel first, if it stops flashing then you have a problem with the output or programming.

If it doesnt stop disconnect it at the bell, if it then stops chances are you have a short on the cable, if it doesn't its a faulty bell.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Alarm Guard
Disconnect the strobe trigger at the panel first, if it stops flashing then you have a problem with the output or programming.

If it doesnt stop disconnect it at the bell, if it then stops chances are you have a short on the cable, if it doesn't its a faulty bell.

The problem to that is the instruction not to open the bell for at least 3 minutes after the last flash because of the potentially high voltage from the strobe.

The instruction is not to remove the cover to the SAB unit, Not the bell cover.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived