Security Installer Community

Odyssey Sab

Guest therealpheonix

Guest Alarm Guard
The instruction is not to remove the cover to the SAB unit, Not the bell cover.

You are right. I meant the SAB, but I was thinking about the Texecom Azura which needs the SAB cover removed in order to get to the terminals.

Guest therealpheonix

hi guys, thanks for all the info....i am hoping to try it in the morning (sat) its the first chance ill get....it has my head bugged....i will let you all know as soon as i get to try removing the strobe wire on the panel....thanks again...martin

Guest therealpheonix

hi guy's... first i removed the strobe wire in control panel.......strobe stopped the (every ten second flash)..... so i thought maybe programing error on my behalf.....even though i didnt change anything from the first set up.....anyway i put same wire back on panel but this time no more ten second flash..................so i was realy bugged now....i went up the ladder to check and see if andthing outta place...nothing there...oh yeah nearly forgot to say ...i tried to get the strobe to flash tru the testing menu but nothing so in the end guy's i just replaced the sab...... and no more prob's....everything is fine now....lucky i know the folk's that sold me all the kit in the first place.......got a spare one from them fist ...just incase it was a faulty one when you guy's said that it might be faulty..... will leave back the first (faulty one) on monday.........thank's again for all your help guy's..... it seem's it was just what you said!.....

.....no suprize's there then! .... marty.................... just hope it dont start the same thing in a few weeks time again.........what should i change then...........the panel?...lol

hi guy's... first i removed the strobe wire in control panel.......strobe stopped the (every ten second flash)..... ... .....anyway i put same wire back on panel but this time no more ten second flash

Sounds to me like a possible poor connection - Terminals S and D are right next to each other. A stray whisker on the strobe wire could have been intermittently touching the D terminal next door? Just a suggestion given the results of your test.

D7

The problem to that is the instruction not to open the bell for at least 3 minutes after the last flash because of the potentially high voltage from the strobe.

Not being funny i have never heard anyone getting a bolt from a strobe before????

It must be possible???????

ive never heard of it but if you shove a bolt in the tubr id expect one

Well yeah,but if you shove your fingers in an electric socket you are going to get a bolt as well......both things i must point out ARE NOT ADVISED :fear:

Archived