Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Plus

lapat

Ive re read it again, if its just above the fuse then its the live terminal, im now confused. the earth is above the live then its neutral. Kiddies playing with adult toys.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

if it is and he connected to that and it didnt all go boom then he should get his wife and kids to safety

Plastic panel with no connection to earth Angus.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks Breff, I thought I was right .... Immediately above and attached to the fuse is the live connection

Above that is a SPARE terminal with no connection to the transformer earth as indicated in the manual (which by the way is drawn upside down)

And above that is the neutral connection

Guest anguscanplay

cool so no cable protection either ( breaths in through teeth ) its always a good idea but hey its his install

Guest anguscanplay
are you a sparks angus?

its the bangs that scare me , not the sparks lol. as said I prefer to include the earth for cable protection as per manf advice

its the bangs that scare me , not the sparks lol. as said I prefer to include the earth for cable protection as per manf advice

Angus, let's get this clear, I'm up for safety in all walks of life!

As I have already said there is no obvious earth connection via the terminal block as suggested by the installation manual

Have you ever fitted/serviced one of these panels? If so what did you do with the mains lead earth? (Keep it clean haha)

Are you suggesting fiddling with the metalwork of the transformer in order to make an earth connection??

As I have already said there is no obvious earth connection via the terminal block as suggested by the installation manual

Have you ever fitted/serviced one of these panels? If so what did you do with the mains lead earth? (Keep it clean haha)

Are you suggesting fiddling with the metalwork of the transformer in order to make an earth connection??

i have worked on many of these [don't like them but service/fault] and they [i'm sure] had the standard 3 terminal connection for mains, earth being one of them.

Guest anguscanplay

i have worked on many of these [don't like them but service/fault] and they [i'm sure] had the standard 3 terminal connection for mains, earth being one of them.

enough of an answer for you ? - have a look in the next manual you see for a plastic panel , it will tell you to terminate the earth in the unused terminal of the fused conector block thingy .

so we agree then that although the panel doesnt need earthing as its already double insulated ( hence the 2 squares symbol moulded onto the casing ) and because the cable is a permenant connection ( unlike a plug and socket ) and because we need to take the live to earth readings as part of the handover paperwork...........................blah blah blah

as I said its a DIY install so he can do it how he wants - cant he ?

Archived