Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Plus

lapat

hi there

i have a problem with a new install on a texecom veritas r8 plus

i have installed around 6 off these now and not had a problem

this system is fully wired and done the start up as decribed battery first and all is well.

then when i power up the alarm from the mains the light on the control panel comes on for about ten seconds then begins to flash as though its on battery power.

this is not the case as i have also then disconnected the battery etc and it still flashes

i suspect it may be a faulty unit but all help would be greatfully appreciated

hi there

this system is fully wired and done the start up as decribed battery first and all is well.

then when i power up the alarm from the mains the light on the control panel comes on for about ten seconds then begins to flash as though its on battery power.

this is not the case as i have also then disconnected the battery etc and it still flashes

The wrong mains frequency is selected in programming options - its set to something other than 50hz. This will then show up a mains fault (Flashing mains LED). To Rectify this Check out page 19 of your install manual - its all in there. Engineer Programming Menu 3 option 1 should be OFF its prob set to ON (50 hz)by mistake (Which is 40hz)

would it have come out of the factory like that as i didnt actually program anything into the unit

would you suggest i do a full system reset..?

or as listed above disconnect all wiring and do a cold start again

again all help gratefully appreciated

One thing you didn't mention. It may be a new battery but have you checked it? Meter the battery with an ACT Battery tester.

The flashing light Only refers to battery or power problems.

Just trying to do my job

• 11 months later...
hi there

Hi Lapat, did you ever resolve this problem?

I have just today installed the same control panel (veritas r8 plus), and am experiencing the same symptoms of permanently flashing green LEDs on the panel and keypad.

I definately have 240v mains supply which is set at 50Hz (factory default), and have checked the battery is delivering 12.6v

The battery is also brand new, so I am leaving the system powered up to see if the LEDs stop flashing overnight.

Any further advice from any knowledgeable parties would be greatly appreciated.

If you power up on battery first the led will flash even if mains is applied until you exit engineers mode.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

If you power up on battery first the led will flash even if mains is applied until you exit engineers mode.

Hi Breff,

Well thats a bit odd because the installation guide definately says to power the panel with the battery then the mains.

However, without doing a complete power down, how can I exit engineers mode? I've tried pressing reset etc and still the same flashing!!

Archived