Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Plus

lapat

Hi Breff,

Well thats a bit odd because the installation guide definately says to power the panel with the battery then the mains.

However, without doing a complete power down, how can I exit engineers mode? I've tried pressing reset etc and still the same flashing!!

Its funny how things occur to you overnight!! I'm wondering if I may have inadvertently 'shot myself in the foot' ......

In order to aid initial cabling I removed the blue and white wires from the first two connectors (lower LHS) on the PCB ..... these from memory are associated with the mains tranformer area, and there is the vague possibility that I have got them reversed when reconnecting.

Does anyone have a new panel that you can check the locations for me plaese??

Try powering down completely, then power up on mains only, see what the green light does then.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

*coughs*

Dave, I did say it was a new installation with battery, and hopefully this will be a better violtage after 24 hrs charging (fingers crossed!!)

Can you offer any advice apart from that already mentioned ..... I shall be following Breff's advice this evening and powering up with mains first ....

BTW, you should do something about that cough!! ..... hehehe :P

Guest Dave the alarm man
Can you offer any advice apart from that already mentioned

the battery is duff

remove the battery...............wait a short while light will go solid

the battery is duff

remove the battery...............wait a short while light will go solid

DOH!! .... :whistle: Oh well it takes a man to own up to his own mistakes ..... this may help others

Well it had been a long hard day of installation after all ..... I was naturally tired and weary (that's my excuse anyway), and the control panel IS situated in a dimly lit cupboard.

...... down to it ...... when I had made the final connections of the mains supply to the unit, I somehow managed to connect the live to a spare terminal just above the input fuse!! (bad design if you ask me .... haha) Hence NO mains supply to the transformer

All is now fine ..... now for some serious programming ......

Out of interest, what is the recommended life span of a 12v 7Ahr battery?

Thanks for all your suggestions anyway

what is the recommended life span of a 12v 7Ahr battery?

from a fire alarm point of view batteries should be replaced every 4 years as per manufactures recommendations although some do get replaced sooner than that if current draw is quite high and if there are frequent power cuts due to the battery being discharged and recharged frequently screws them up

Intruder i think is 3 years possibly (awaits to be corrected)

regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

DOH!! .... :whistle: Oh well it takes a man to own up to his own mistakes ..... this may help othersWell it had been a long hard day of installation after all ..... I was naturally tired and weary (that's my excuse anyway), and the control panel IS situated in a dimly lit cupboard....... down to it ...... when I had made the final connections of the mains supply to the unit, I somehow managed to connect the live to a spare terminal just above the input fuse!! (bad design if you ask me .... haha) Hence NO mains supply to the transformerAll is now fine ..... now for some serious programming ......Out of interest, what is the recommended life span of a 12v 7Ahr battery?Thanks for all your suggestions anyway
Earth terminal.
from a fire alarm point of view batteries should be replaced every 4 years as per manufactures recommendations although some do get replaced sooner than that if current draw is quite high and if there are frequent power cuts due to the battery being discharged and recharged frequently screws them upIntruder i think is 3 years possibly (awaits to be corrected)regsFCE
A battery is a battery, it will not know if its in an intruder panel or a fire panel. So 4 years.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest anguscanplay
Earth terminal.

if it is and he connected to that and it didnt all go boom then he should get his wife and kids to safety

Archived